The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 11-29-2019, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
I think you do not actually "disagree". Perhaps my post was not completely clear ? If you read my post again, you will find nothing I am saying is contra to your post. The "Crusade mentality" is was referring to, is the one presented in the video, inferring practicing with a metronome is somehow bad or wrong. But it works both ways. Practice both with and without a metronome is beneficial IMO.
True.

The part I was disagreeing with was "Obviously one should be able to make chord changes fluidly before attempting to work on the timing".
There is no "duh" about that. I believe you should work on timing in general before your changes are fluid. (I.e., keeping a beat on one chord.) But even the timing of chord changes - which I guess is what you meant - can, and arguably should, be worked on before the changes are smooth. Changes can still be slow and be in time. The new chord can fall on the beat even if your fingers have to come off the chord before in plenty of time to get there.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write