The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 06-07-2019, 09:25 AM
Charter Member

Smile Very VERY PRETTY!!!

NICE WORK JOEL

I hope you are having fun! This is a beauty! I have no doubt it will SING!!!

Cheers

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 06-14-2019, 10:43 AM
Music soothes the soul!

Mighty fine Joel. Sure hope we get a chance to hear it! I’d like to hear what you’ve done with the Maple.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:39 PM

These "in-the-white" shots are full of awesome sauce! I'm so glad you posted them, Joel! I've been warp-drive busy the last 4 weeks or so and still have a pretty packed schedule through the 4th of July holiday. I haven't had nearly enough play time. On the plus side, it makes time go by quickly... for things like, say, guitar finish curing.

Absolutely beautiful work, my friend! I look at this thread and have to pinch myself to remember that this beauty will be flying out to greet me before too long. Woo Hoooooo!

jeff
Edwinson EPS "iCrucified" [2011]
Edwinson Consort "Spirit" [2016]
THGCo. 000-Concert "Chi Rho" [2019]
Taylor 514e FLTD [2013]
Taylor 714e [2016]
Martin OM-21 Ambertone [2017]
Old 06-15-2019, 08:32 AM
AGF Sponsor

Kevin, Paul and Dennis...thanks for keeping up, and for commenting. With the guidance that I received from Steve, I’m confident that the Maple-flavored tone will be yummy. Jeff...the final coats have been sprayed, and now we get to hurry up and wait. I’m glad that we both have things to distract us from the wait.

joel

‘17 Two Hands Guitar Co.
0000/Auditorium, Sitka/Indonesian RW

‘93 Taylor 712 (I spent 20 years trying to convince the owner to sell me this guitar)

‘95 Taylor Limited Edition GAWS (I traded my Gibson J-200 for this guitar in ‘95)

TWO HANDS GUITARS
Old 06-15-2019, 12:28 PM

This is such a beautiful guitar, Joel & Jeff! And I'm sure it will sound amazing! I couldn't keep my hands off of Joel's Luna guitar at the BIG event in Texas this spring. The tone was so rich! I'm looking forward to seeing the final pics and hearing the reports!

beth
Old 06-16-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmh1 View Post
This is such a beautiful guitar, Joel & Jeff! And I'm sure it will sound amazing! I couldn't keep my hands off of Joel's Luna guitar at the BIG event in Texas this spring. The tone was so rich! I'm looking forward to seeing the final pics and hearing the reports!

beth
Hi Beth!!!! Hope all is well with you! Two Hands Guitars were definitely the break out builds of the show I think. I was truly amazed that they did not go home with anyone, I would say there was more conversation regarding Joel's guitars than any other, rarely were they not being played. I think if I were to list disappointments in B.I.G., it was that the Two Hands Guitars did not find a new home (of course along with other great guitars).

Jeff, this will be an amazing guitar based on what I played.
Old 06-16-2019, 01:15 PM

Hey Tom-

If I didn't go into B.I.G. looking for a guitar that was a 00 equivalent because of a bum shoulder, that Luna would have had a great chance of going home with me. It was a beautifully built instrument with gorgeous tone!

I'm also very surprised that it didn't sell that weekend. I did ask Joel on the way out to consider developing a 00 sized model....

I'm sure that Jeff is going to love this guitar!

beth
Old 06-16-2019, 02:45 PM
Charter Member

Looks absolutely stunning Joel and Jeff ... can't wait to see everything pop with the finish on!
Old 07-03-2019, 01:52 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Hi Beth!!!! Hope all is well with you! Two Hands Guitars were definitely the break out builds of the show I think. I was truly amazed that they did not go home with anyone, I would say there was more conversation regarding Joel's guitars than any other, rarely were they not being played. I think if I were to list disappointments in B.I.G., it was that the Two Hands Guitars did not find a new home (of course along with other great guitars).

Jeff, this will be an amazing guitar based on what I played.

Tom...my sincere thanks...for both, the invitation to present at your show, and for your musings here. I’d love to put a guitar in your hands one day, my Friend. I owe you a debt of gratitude.

joel

‘17 Two Hands Guitar Co.

‘93 Taylor 712 (I spent 20 years trying to convince the owner to sell me this guitar)

‘95 Taylor Limited Edition GAWS (I traded my Gibson J-200 for this guitar in ‘95)

TWO HANDS GUITARS
Old 07-03-2019, 01:59 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmh1 View Post
Hey Tom-

If I didn't go into B.I.G. looking for a guitar that was a 00 equivalent because of a bum shoulder, that Luna would have had a great chance of going home with me. It was a beautifully built instrument with gorgeous tone!

I'm also very surprised that it didn't sell that weekend. I did ask Joel on the way out to consider developing a 00 sized model....

I'm sure that Jeff is going to love this guitar!

beth

Thank you Beth...
I plan to eventually undertake the creation of the needed infrastructure for a new 00 model...and would gladly do it sooner than planned, if it were requested...especially by you. I love your spirit, and I’m pleased to have made your acquaintance at Tom’s.

joel

‘17 Two Hands Guitar Co.

TWO HANDS GUITARS
Old 07-03-2019, 02:03 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Wren View Post
Looks absolutely stunning Joel and Jeff ... can't wait to see everything pop with the finish on!

Thanks for the love, David...and now that it’s been hanging around for the past few weeks, the wet-sanding has begun. Hold on, Jeff...we’re rounding third and headed home...

IMG_2954.jpg

‘17 Two Hands Guitar Co.

TWO HANDS GUITARS
Old 08-04-2019, 08:26 AM

Default Crossing the Finish

I think every build thread looks forward to this day... the day when the ideation, imagining, collaborating, building, and waiting come to the fruition of completion. The journey to this end has been very good. I've enjoyed my collaboration with Joel and I have been blessed over the months of this endeavor to get to know him better and count him as a life-long friend. I have found a number of things we share in common, making the formation of the friendship easy and communication a breeze.

When I first approached Joel about this build project, it was mostly with the idea of adding a very special Maple back into my collection. I have owned several spectacular Maple guitars in the past, but have sold them off as I made room and collected funding for other custom build projects. As I have labored over the years to assemble my favorite collection of guitars, I longed for the tone and beauty of a Maple to find its way back into my collection.

As I described my desire to Joel and gave a very rough sketch for a build theme, he seemed to catch my fever almost immediately. His excitement and passion to engage the project convinced me it was the time and he was the luthier to make this idea a reality, and thus, our friendship and collaborative build began.

Last week, I was the recipient of some final glamour shots of the completed guitar. It is still not in my hands, but I anticipate this beautiful little bird will take flight this coming week and find its way to roost with its new forever-family. A follow-up final review will follow, but I wanted to share the glamour shots as a tease while I wait to get this beauty into my hands.

I am so excited! A few months ago, Joel featured a couple guitars at the B.I.G. show (Tom Bowersox hosted). The reviews of his builds, both quality of craftsmanship and tone, were highly regarded. Early reviews of this guitar's playability and tone have also been very, very favorable with Joel calling it his "best yet." I can't wait...

Thank you for following!
Edwinson EPS "iCrucified" [2011]
Edwinson Consort "Spirit" [2016]
THGCo. 000-Concert "Chi Rho" [2019]
Taylor 514e FLTD [2013]
Taylor 714e [2016]
Martin OM-21 Ambertone [2017]
Old 08-06-2019, 03:56 PM
AGF Sponsor

Hey Jeff...
Tomorrow is the day. She is in route from one corner of the country to the other. This guitar got me invited to the recording studio of a local guy, who has offered to make recordings of all my guitars...both current and future.

‘17 Two Hands Guitar Co.

TWO HANDS GUITARS
Old 08-06-2019, 04:22 PM

That is a stunning guitar Joel and Jeff, I can hear it in my head having played Joel's work. I know this will be a big hit with Jeff. Great work both of you!
Old 08-13-2019, 07:04 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
That is a stunning guitar Joel and Jeff, I can hear it in my head having played Joel's work. I know this will be a big hit with Jeff. Great work both of you!
Thank you, Tom. I’ll let Jeff speak for himself...but this one was difficult for me to send off. I could have kept this as my “forever guitar”

joel

‘17 Two Hands Guitar Co.

TWO HANDS GUITARS

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop