The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 06-23-2021, 12:07 PM
Guitar Honey

Default Taylor XXX-MC Grand Concert (2004)

This guitar is a beautiful Limited Edition 30th Anniversary model from 2004 in NEAR MINT condition that sounds and plays as beautifully as it looks! It has a scallop-braced cedar top paired with gorgeous mahogany back/sides, an ivoroid double bound-body with abalone purfling, 30th Anniversary fretboard inlay of abalone and pearl with 18K gold accents, 24 7/8” neck scale, 1 3/4” nut width, ebony headstock backstrap with torch abalone inlay, Waverly tuners with ivoroid buttons, paua/abalone rosette, and original hardshell case.

These XXX anniversary models had the first slotted headstock and short scale 14-fret-to-body Grand Concerts from Taylor. Both features lend themselves to beautiful rich and resonant tones from a slightly smaller body shape. They are RARE as Taylor only made 250 of this wood combo. I first played them at the 2004 NAMM show and they blew me away - I just had to have one! It is absolutely amazing for fingerstyle playing! This is a collector guitar that is also super easy and fun to play - it has great intonation and the shorter scale neck makes it so easy to reach more challenging positions.

This lovely guitar has been kept in its case full time and humified between 45% and 50% since the day I brought it home. It has literally never been taken out of the house and was seldom played, so it is truly in NEAR MINT condition. (The reason I say ‘near’ mint is, as I was just putting on a fresh set of Elixir Nanoweb Light PB strings, I noticed a pair of very faint hairline marks in the finish only just below the high E string. They cannot be seen at all when looking directly at the guitar. You have to hold it up horizontally to eye level in bright light to even find them but I wanted to disclose this.)

I will ship it in an original Taylor box with inserts and will add more packing material to the sides for extra security. (This is of utmost importance when buying from personal sellers. Some sellers do not know how to pack a guitar properly - I am a stickler about this.) A Planet Waves humidifier will be shipped with the guitar. Will ship in the continental U.S. - buyer pays shipping.

Price: $2750

I am known on a few of the FB Taylor guitar groups as a frequent participator. I was also a moderator of this Forum for several years, and bought and sold many guitars here. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Last edited by Rejoice Music; 06-23-2021 at 12:12 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
taylor grand concert, taylor limited edition