The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2021, 08:30 AM
Charter Member

Default SOLD Local Pickup or Delivery Only 2013 Guild Orpheum 12 Fret Dreadnought

I have decided that I prefer small bodied guitars so this rare and desirable instrument is for sale. Click on the link below for info on this very guitar posted by Elderly Instruments when I bought it from them in May of 2020. The Elderly ad describes the guitar and includes all the specs much better than I can, so check that out for the details. I have since had a K&K passive mini pickup installed. I should point out that the hard case is not original.

For those who may not know, the Guild Orpheum line was the brainchild of Ren Ferguson and was produced for only a short time in small numbers. This slope shoulder dread is a monster, evoking the Gibson Roy Smeck model. This guitar shines with any playing style. Flat picking, finger style, strumming, whatever your style this guitar will respond.

It is in the same excellent condition as when I bought it and has not left my smoke free home since. There is minor playing wear but no dents or dings. Fret wear is minimal. There is some fine finish checking on the Adirondack top that is very hard to capture with my cell phone camera. You can see evidence of this checking in pic #3 near the bottom of the pickguard. Feel free to ask any questions or request more pics if you need them.

Sorry, but I won't ship valuable items anymore so this is local pickup only. However, I am willing to drive a reasonable distance from central Illinois to deliver the guitar in a safe place. SOLD

https://www.elderly.com/products/gui...heum-12-fret-d

Last edited by 29er; 04-21-2021 at 06:39 PM.
Old 04-11-2021, 10:15 AM
Charter Member

I will suggest you add "local IL only" to your title. Or, at least to the top of your ad.

This is the 2nd of these rare birds that has been advertised here in the past few months, both were local sale only ... brutal

Cheers
Old 04-11-2021, 11:01 AM
Charter Member

I see your point. But since this is a high dollar item I'd be willing to drive 3-4 hours to meet which, unless I head straight south, takes me well out of Illinois. I understand that I'm making this hard on myself or any interested buyer but I live within a few hours of Chicago, St. Louis, the quad cities & Indianapolis. Hoping someone nearby can't live without this
Old 04-11-2021, 11:20 AM
Charter Member

This is well worth any long drive. I have the same guitar, same year, and it is fantastic!

I'll add that Russ and I had transaction several years ago...he'll shoot you straight every time.
Old 04-11-2021, 01:53 PM

Wow this is the ultimate slope shoulder. Good luck with the sale and congrats to the lucky buyer.
Old 04-13-2021, 08:56 AM
Charter Member

Tuesday bump for this lap piano.
Old 04-13-2021, 09:57 AM

It's amazing how few folks realize how GREAT the Orpheum series guitars are.
I have the Jumbo 14 fret version, rarest of the lot - it's one of the ones I'll hang on to for a good long time!
All the best on your sale, somebody's gonna get happy!
Takamine EF240s-TT
Guild F250e
Guild DS240 Memoir
Martin Dread Jr
Epiphone 1964 Texan
Godin 5th Avenue
Godin Multiac Encore Nylon
Orangewood Baritone
Schecter C1 E/A
G&L ASAT Tribute Tele
7 - Fender Stratocasters
Fender '60 Jazz Bass
Lightwave 5 String Bass
Ibanez SRF 705 Bass
Old 04-13-2021, 05:44 PM
Charter Member

After a few weeks with mine, I put it on level with my Collings D1T. And I have it from a good source that these are Cuban mahogany.
Old 04-15-2021, 09:47 AM
Charter Member

Bump with an interesting aside: I have reached out to three dealers on the chance of selling or trading this guitar them and was surprised to get offers of 80-90% of my listing price here. I will make a decision by the weekend on what to do but it's likely that I will sell or trade with one of the dealers unless it sells by then.

Why do I mention this? Well, if you are interested in the Guild but can't buy due to my unwillingness to ship, then I'm sure whatever dealer ends up with it will not have a problem shipping. Of course, it will likely cost several hundred dollars more but at least it will be available. Still, I'm hoping to find a local-ish buyer and make us both happy!
Old 04-18-2021, 08:01 AM
Charter Member

One last bump. I'll be headed to the city to trade it in if it doesn't sell by Tuesday.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars