The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 03-20-2020, 07:00 AM

Default Guitar set up

I watched a video about how to set up a guitar but chickened out and took my Eastman E20oo to Seven C Music in St. Petersburg, FL. I am so glad that I did. It is a father/son business. The repair stands are in the showroom so that you can watch them work. It was amazing!

Joel, the son, evaluated the guitar very quickly. He then took down the saddle, adjusted the neck, and filed the nut slots to perfection. He restrung it, retuned it, and handed me back a sweet guitar. The entire process was done in a matter of minutes. A professional at work is a joy to behold.

While there I tried out a Taylor Nylon Academy guitar and was extremely impressed by its playability at that price point. The father turned to me and said “thank you, I designed it”. Both father and son used to work at Taylor.

The store stocks Collings, Eastman, and Taylor among other brands. I was so impressed. They are very nice people and true experts.

My Eastman, which I purchased used, came with a nice set up but Joel made it better. It was a very nice experience.

Russ
Old 03-20-2020, 06:50 PM
Charter Member

Great story. There's nothing like a great setup, especially by a trusted luthier (for those of us who don't do them ourselves). And that's cool about them both working at Taylor.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair