The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-28-2018, 05:37 PM
Charter Member

Default HOW TO POST PICTURES ON THE AGF

There are three ways to post pictures here, depending on where the source picture resides. If it is on your mobile device, the AGF APP is very easy to use and works well with both Apple and Android systems. The AGF app is built on the Tapatalk application. Because of a recent change in their app structure, the AGF app now requires charter membership to post pictures. Nonmembers can still post pictures here for free using the Tapatalk app.

If your pictures are at a third-party host, see this thread. Many people are no longer using Photobucket because of the price increase, but there are many others available.

The AGF appreciates the financial support of its members. One of the most valuable benefits members receive is the ability to upload pictures directly from one's computer. These directions are in the FAQs... click HERE.

Charter members may post their pictures as attachments by...

1. Ensure file is jpg or jpeg, no larger than 600x600, and 1MB (the system will automatically resize larger images in some, but not all, cases).

2. Click on the paperclip icon or scroll below the edit box to "Additional Options" and click, "Manage Attachments."

3. Click on "Choose File." Browse to the location of the file on your computer, hit "Open," and then hit "Upload."

4. Click the "Close this window" text.

5. Click the paperclip icon again and click on the attachment that shows in the drop down menu. This will insert the image inline.

To manage your attachments go to User Control Panel--Miscellaneous--Attachments. The attachment system also works with mobile browsers, if one prefers not to use the AGF app.

In summary, charter members have three ways to post pictures... managing attachments directly from your computer, the AGF/Tapatalk apps or a third-party host like Imgur. If you are a registered user, you have two ways to post pictures... the Tapatalk app or a third-party host. PM me if you need more help.

Last edited by Kerbie; 12-25-2021 at 07:55 PM.
Old 07-05-2018, 02:09 AM

Really useful information, thank you.

Is it a sticky? If not, it needs to be

I have the mental retention of a house-fly these days
Old 07-19-2018, 12:16 PM

The paperclip option no longer shows ?
Ed
Old 07-19-2018, 12:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar Poe View Post
The paperclip option no longer shows?
The paperclip icon brings up, "Manage Attachments," and is referenced in the numbered sequence in the opening post.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:06 PM

Could you screen capture that I don't see it.

Ed
Old 07-20-2018, 12:10 PM

You must be a charter member to use that option, Correct ?
Ed
Old 09-02-2018, 02:02 PM

Default Close This Window won't Work

I am a Charter member and I can successfully upload a picture that is 49.4 Kbps. When I select Close This Window the spinner just spins and doesn't close. What am I doing wrong? Thank you.
Old 11-07-2018, 03:21 PM

I am a charter member. Every time I try to insert a picture into my posts it shows facing sideways? I can't get pictures to download correctly on any device I use(laptop, Ipad, Iphone). I just don't understand. I want to share so many things with photos, I am just at a loss at this point.
frankie
Old 11-07-2018, 04:52 PM
Charter Member

All great information. I am seeking to attach Soundclouds to a post. I understand that I need to use the Soundcloud wrap and put my Soundcloud URL in between it.

My problem is that I am brand new to Soundcloud, and, have managed to upload the songs to my brand new account. However, I cannot seem to figure out how to obtain the URLs for these songs so that I can input them in my post. How do I get my sound cloud URLs?

Steve
Old 11-07-2018, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Conquistador View Post
All great information. I am seeking to attach Soundclouds to a post. I understand that I need to use the Soundcloud wrap and put my Soundcloud URL in between it.

My problem is that I am brand new to Soundcloud, and, have managed to upload the songs to my brand new account. However, I cannot seem to figure out how to obtain the URLs for these songs so that I can input them in my post. How do I get my sound cloud URLs?

Steve
Hey Steve. Look for the share buttons, click and copy the code.

Last edited by Song; 07-08-2019 at 01:44 PM.
Old 11-07-2018, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post
I am a charter member. Every time I try to insert a picture into my posts it shows facing sideways? I can't get pictures to download correctly on any device I use(laptop, Ipad, Iphone). I just don't understand. I want to share so many things with photos, I am just at a loss at this point.
frankie
Hello Frankie
Some image editing controls the orientation, size, contrast, etc..
Its easy and free. Hopefully seeing some of your photos soon. https://youtu.be/-X3r3QkvjI8
Old 11-08-2018, 12:36 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Song View Post
Hey Steve. Look for the share buttons, click and copy the code.
Cool! Thanks!

Steve
Old 12-22-2018, 07:43 AM

Default imgbox.com preprocessed by picresize.com are a good option

I starting using imgbox.com yesterday with good results. You can only choose it to host a thumbnail (you select the thumbnail size on upload) or full size. Before you upload your picture reducing its width to 800 pixels (or something similar) will make a full resolution picture more computer friendly (you won't need to scroll right to see all of it and it will load faster). I am using picresize.com. It works well but requires a careful eye to click the correct buttons and not one of the advertisements. If you change the default image quality, which I can't see any reason to, it can be buggy if you select the best quality (seems to ignore your pixel selection). I've had no problem setting the resize target to 800 wide with the default image quality and the pictures look great on a PC.

One problem I've noticed with imgbox.com is that when you toggle between thumbnail and full resolution, it does not reliably change all the links. At times I needed to close its browser tab and start over. imgbox.com (now?) has "BB" code as one of its options and that can be pasted directly into your AGF message (be careful that it toggled to full size if you made that selection).
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields

Last edited by jonfields45; 01-14-2019 at 04:12 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:11 PM

Default Could not get a photo to display

Hi there. I was trying to include in a post a photo that I've uploaded to Flickr.

I was able to show the link to the photo.

https://flic.kr/p/2cYCFUJ

But when I tried to include it as a link (using the little yellow button which adds IMG tags) it only shows a little icon with a question mark. What am I doing wrong?

Old 01-10-2019, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR View Post
Hi there. I was trying to include in a post a photo that I've uploaded to Flickr.

I was able to show the link to the photo.

https://flic.kr/p/2cYCFUJ

But when I tried to include it as a link (using the little yellow button which adds IMG tags) it only shows a little icon with a question mark. What am I doing wrong?

You have several photographs stored at that URL.

1) Choose your image.

2) Hit the down-facing arrow at lower right.

3) Pick image size.

4) Right click on the image and use the Copy Image Address.

5) Paste that URL into the AGF Insert Image function.

Thus:

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion