The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-30-2020, 07:39 PM

Default Vox VX50AG & Bugera AC60 Acoustic Amps

Not in the market, just inquiring, has anyone used either of these two amps?

For me, the Fishman Loudbox/Mini is the gold standard for the price range, heck for above the price range. Fender isn't on the same playing field IMO.

But in this genre of smaller acoustic amps, I was looking at these two amps online, the Vox especially is a lot cheaper, offers the same functions and is a great amp brand for electrics.

Has anyone used either of these? How would you compare it to the Loudbox Mini?
Old 03-30-2020, 09:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.loseth View Post
Not in the market, just inquiring, has anyone used either of these two amps?

For me, the Fishman Loudbox/Mini is the gold standard for the price range, heck for above the price range. Fender isn't on the same playing field IMO.

But in this genre of smaller acoustic amps, I was looking at these two amps online, the Vox especially is a lot cheaper, offers the same functions and is a great amp brand for electrics.

Has anyone used either of these? How would you compare it to the Loudbox Mini?
I love my Bugera AC60 and have used it in gigs. It's currently on loan to my duo partner in Pittsburgh, which I dropped of Feb. 29 and ummmm may be on loan for awhile now.

I've never heard the Vox and only played the Fishman briefly at a Guitar Center so I can't compare. But the Bugera is a great value and great, period. For gigging I've used it primarily for guitar and keyboard amplification (vocals handled elsewhere, long story) and they both sound great. I've practiced with it with guitar + vocal and my voice sounds terrific through it too. It can get surprisingly loud without distortion for as small as it is. It has a pro output for plugging into house PAs and the like, an effects loop IIRC, phantom power option, switchable pad for both channels, and the built-in effects are good (very happy with the reverb). It has an unusual effects allocation that I'm too tired to describe right now. We should always be skeptical of reviews but the reviews at Sweetwater reflect my experience. I love mine.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification