The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 11-22-2023, 06:01 AM

Lightbulb Public Service Announcement: classical guitar teaching position available in France

In case anyone reading this is interested:

Due to a departure a position for a classical guitar teacher has opened up in the music school of the Retz-en-Valois region in the French Aisne department; teaching locations are Villers-Côtterets and Vic-sur-Aisne.

This is a calm, rural region half-way between Paris and Reims, direct train connections to both cities and about 30 minutes driving from historical cities like Compiègne or Soissons or important WW1 sites.

Teaching will of course be in French, pupils are mostly kids and young teenagers, plus a few adults (full disclosure: that includes me). Lessons are individual, weekly, and last30 minutes; there is also a 1h guitar ensemble rehearsal. The ensemble is compulsory for all pupils following the full programme and who have a sufficient level, so it's an interesting challenge due to the mix of levels of the various members (8 at the moment). I'm not aware that there is anything like a school-determined lessons programme; the adult pupils determine the work repertoire in concert with the teacher.

https://www.emploi-territorial.fr/of...nement-guitare

Evidently I'm not involved in the hiring process and my only stake here is that of a 3rd party who'd like the hiring process to succeed as fast as possible.

Pickle: Gretsch G9240 "Alligator" wood-body resonator wearing nylguts (China, 2018?)
Toon: Eastman Cabaret JB (China, 2022)
Stanley: The Loar LH-650 (China, 2017)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Tags
position, psa, school, teacher