The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-26-2016, 06:42 AM
Charter Member

Default speaker cable

what kind of cable do i need to connect two qsc 10" speakers.?

I use the line out on the aer 60/3 with a 1/4 ' speaker cable to line in on the qsc which has a 1/4" input. now i need to connect the qsc 10 to another one. the only line out remaining on the qsc is the direct out which is xlr. do i need an xlr speaker cable or will a mic cable work?
Old 02-26-2016, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyg67 View Post

I use the line out on the aer 60/3 with a 1/4 ' speaker cable to line in on the qsc which has a 1/4" input. now i need to connect the qsc 10 to another one. the only line out remaining on the qsc is the direct out which is xlr. do i need an xlr speaker cable or will a mic cable work?
Yes a simple mic cable will work. Just make sure the second speaker is set to line in

Last edited by Woodstock School Of Music; 02-26-2016 at 07:54 AM.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyg67 View Post

You shouldn't use a speaker cable to connect the AER to the QSC. Use either a regular 1/4" instrument cable from the line out or an XLR mic cable from the DI out (in that case into one of the XLR inputs on the QSC--this is preferable because the connection will be balanced and won't pick up noise or weaken no matter how far the speaker needs to be from the amp). And yes, use an XLR mic cable to connect one QSC to another.

Louis

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification