The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-03-2009, 05:01 PM

Default Famous electric players' ACOUSTIC gear

What's up AGFers! Like a lot of you out there, I am always interested in knowing what kind of gear my favorite players have used, or are using. In my constant search for set-up information on my favorite players, I've noticed that it's usually really difficult to find information about acoustic set-ups for a player if they are more known for their electric playing. Usually you can find maybe just what kind of acoustic guitars they're using, but not much beyond that. No info about acoustic effects, DI's, if they use an amp or go straight to the board, etc.

For instance, I would love to know more about The Eagles' acoustic set-ups from the Hell Freezes Over tour. They get a really great sound on the acoustic songs, particularly Joe Walsh. You can easily find info on the net about Joe's electric set-up, but very little about acoustics. Same deal with Clapton and Page - There's endless info about their electric gear, but these guys get a great live acoustic sound, too. It's easy to see from footage and doing some reading that they both use Martins, but I can't find any further info about their acoustic sounds.

Does anyone know of a good online resource for finding out this kind of information? I appreciate the help. Thanks, and God bless!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification