The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-06-2009, 01:42 PM

Default I need volume control

Hello,
I recently decided to play around with amplifying my playing and singing. I installed a K&K PWM in my Martin OM21 special and bought a Fishman Solo Amp, Shure SM58 vocal mic, and a JamMan looper. It's been loads of fun playing with this stuff but I would like to be able to adjust the volume on the guitar and vocal without having to keep running to the amp to do so. I also want to be able to adjust the guitar and mic independent of each other.

I do get out about once a week to play with friends but I don't do any "gigs". Does anyone have advice on how best to accomplish this.

Thanks Much
Dennis
Old 02-06-2009, 01:51 PM

had the same problem last weekend while practicing with a church group. Perhaps a volume pedal... One of my favorite features of the K&Ks is no battery, no hole in the guitar for a preamp, etc. I plan to carry my Ultrasound DI Plus next time for its volume control.

jack
Old 02-06-2009, 01:54 PM

you can pick up a small mixer like this:
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com...xer?sku=631262

or, alternatively, if you're really only dealing with the ratio of mic and guitar, but not an overall or master volume, then you could just get a volume pedal to deal with the guitar and keep the vocals set:
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.c...ct?sku=150932X

also, since you didn't mention a budget, i just picked the cheapest ones, but there's plenty of other better quality solutions.
Japanese Ephiphone Thunderbird > yorkville xm50
Old 02-06-2009, 02:55 PM

Thanks Jyee,
I saw that little mixer at the local GC the other day. I was wondering about the 2 outputs, left and right. My amp does have 2 channels. Would I plug these into both the channels?

Thanks
Dennis
Old 02-06-2009, 04:35 PM

Why not just get the K&K preamp, your guitar will love it and you get volume control?
Kids got the others

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=797065

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification