The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-05-2021, 06:28 AM
Charter Member

Default X30 - Curly Tineo veneer - It arrived!

Hey all, my X30 is on the way. If the UPS tracking info is correct, she should arrive Friday. I guess we'll see what happens as at Customs or wherever else it has to pass through. Apparently Emerald liked it enough to include it in their gallery:

https://emeraldguitars.com/galleries/x30-curly-tineo/

I love the way it looks, though have one slight concern. I had an option of gold dots or bronze and went with bronze. In some shots, the dots are very subtle, in others you can see them a bit more. I'm hoping they are a bit more prominent in person. Otherwise, I'm very happy with the way it turned out.

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)

Last edited by mikealpine; 05-14-2021 at 06:32 AM.
Old 05-05-2021, 06:40 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealpine View Post
Hey all, my X30 is on the way. If the UPS tracking info is correct, she should arrive Friday. I guess we'll see what happens as at Customs or wherever else it has to pass through. Apparently Emerald liked it enough to include it in their gallery:

https://emeraldguitars.com/galleries/x30-curly-tineo/

I love the way it looks, though have one slight concern. I had an option of gold dots or bronze and went with bronze. In some shots, the dots are very subtle, in others you can see them a bit more. I'm hoping they are a bit more prominent in person. Otherwise, I'm very happy with the way it turned out.
Very tasty, Mike. I think your dots will be fine. The fingerboard material is nowhere near as light-coloured as the third and sixth shots (in particular) make it appear. I think that makes the dots look a little subdued, and in real life they’ll pop nicely.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 05-05-2021, 06:41 AM
Charter Member

Your X30 looks fantastic! I also like the bronze dots a lot. The color might indeed be subtle, but as long as the side dots are visible...

Congrats
Old 05-05-2021, 06:56 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Hey all, my X30 is on the way. If the UPS tracking info is correct, she should arrive Friday. I guess we'll see what happens as at Customs or wherever else it has to pass through...
She's a beauty, Mike. If my experience is any indication, US Customs is much, much more streamlined when going the UPS route from County Donegal. Each time my scheduled delivery date seemed unlikely, and each time that date was spot on. You should expect it Friday. Enjoy....
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 05-05-2021, 07:32 AM

That is a really nice looking guitar! Congrats!
Old 05-05-2021, 07:51 AM

It is a beauty and I love both bronze and the fact that the dots are subtle. Noticing a second level of beauty is powerful!

Taylor NS34c
Tayor 616 (2016)
Emerald Custom X20 Artisan

Some past guitars:
1968 Martin D35-S
Martin 00-28VS
Rainsong Dread
Old 05-05-2021, 08:33 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Eastwood View Post
Very tasty, Mike. I think your dots will be fine. The fingerboard material is nowhere near as light-coloured as the third and sixth shots (in particular) make it appear. I think that makes the dots look a little subdued, and in real life they’ll pop nicely.
Thanks David! When they first sent a picture, I didn't see the dots at all. Looking forward to seeing it in person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tøf View Post
Your X30 looks fantastic! I also like the bronze dots a lot. The color might indeed be subtle, but as long as the side dots are visible...

Congrats
Thank you! Yes, the side dots should be visible, but I'd like the fretboard dots to stand out a little, at least for me as the player. We'll see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
She's a beauty, Mike. If my experience is any indication, US Customs is much, much more streamlined when going the UPS route from County Donegal. Each time my scheduled delivery date seemed unlikely, and each time that date was spot on. You should expect it Friday. Enjoy....
Thanks! I'm hoping that's accurate, but if not, I can be patient. Still, the idea of having it to play over the weekend is pretty exciting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklotz View Post
That is a really nice looking guitar! Congrats!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusknives View Post
It is a beauty and I love both bronze and the fact that the dots are subtle. Noticing a second level of beauty is powerful!
Thanks very much, and that's true!

2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
Old 05-05-2021, 08:49 AM

Meh......kidding! Looks fantastic including the bronze dots!!
Old 05-05-2021, 09:12 AM
Charter Member

Well, that is absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on this incoming beauty. I like the subtle dots. Looking forward to your "first live view and playing" post.
Old 05-05-2021, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Hey all, my X30 is on the way. If the UPS tracking info is correct, she should arrive Friday. I guess we'll see what happens as at Customs or wherever else it has to pass through.
Don't want to rain on your parade but (there's always a but, isn't there?) take the shipping notice with a grain of salt. I received the notice for my X20 nine days ago and the UPS site still reads "label created" (in other words, it hasn't shipped yet).

Congrats on the X30 and please let us know how the shipping goes...'cause inquiring minds want to know!

Phil

I play Crosby, Emerald, Larrivée, Lowden, Rainsong & Tacoma guitars.
Check out my Guitar Website. See guitar photos & info at my Guitars page.
Old 05-05-2021, 11:02 AM
Charter Member

That is a beauty....I'm really looking forward to your thoughts and a review.
Old 05-05-2021, 11:42 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2guitar_eh View Post
Meh......kidding! Looks fantastic including the bronze dots!!
Ha! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Well, that is absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on this incoming beauty. I like the subtle dots. Looking forward to your "first live view and playing" post.
Thanks so much! I'll definitely do a review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjs View Post
Don't want to rain on your parade but (there's always a but, isn't there?) take the shipping notice with a grain of salt. I received the notice for my X20 nine days ago and the UPS site still reads "label created" (in other words, it hasn't shipped yet).

Congrats on the X30 and please let us know how the shipping goes...'cause inquiring minds want to know!

Phil
That was also my initial reaction. I'll check the tracking number tomorrow and see if there was movement. According to my rep, Davy, I'd only get tracking after it was picked up, so we should be beyond the "label created" stage. You never know though. I'll let you know when I have more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinaz View Post
That is a beauty....I'm really looking forward to your thoughts and a review.
Thanks very much! If others' experiences are a reference, I should enjoy this very much. I'll certainly share how it goes!

2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
Old 05-05-2021, 01:19 PM

Congrats @mikealpine. Your post also reminds me just how much I miss those shipping videos!
Old 05-05-2021, 02:26 PM

I know you have been wavering on this one for awhile (can't remember if you actually got to try one or if this is sight unseen/ sound unheard?). Love the top! I see a face in there as I often do in these gorgeous tops. Reminds me of the "Ents" in Lord of the Rings. I bet you can't wait for that Emerald to hug you...after all I have heard that is what they do.

That will be a really big hug.
Old 05-05-2021, 03:32 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esimms86 View Post
Congrats @mikealpine. Your post also reminds me just how much I miss those shipping videos!
Thank you! I asked if there was going to be a shipping video, but the response was that Alistair is too busy getting out custom orders. I thought those videos were a nice part of their marketing. It was great seeing all the different shapes and looks that were going out the door. That's what helped me settle on my choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
I know you have been wavering on this one for awhile (can't remember if you actually got to try one or if this is sight unseen/ sound unheard?). Love the top! I see a face in there as I often do in these gorgeous tops. Reminds me of the "Ents" in Lord of the Rings. I bet you can't wait for that Emerald to hug you...after all I have heard that is what they do.

That will be a really big hug.
Thanks very much! Yup, unplayed and unheard. Based on reviews and sound clips, I don't think it's too big a risk, though. And yes, I saw the face, as well and thought of the Ents, lol! As far as the size, I'm hoping the reports of it feeling like a much smaller guitar are accurate. I'm 5' 5" tall, lean and athletic, so this is a big guitar for my frame. We'll see what that hug feels like when it gets here. :-)

2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber