The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 09-12-2014, 03:37 PM

I have a white one (DY 88).
many years ago, I used to go hear a guy play (absolutely virtuoso level).
he played a black one.
it was my main axe for many many years. always played it unplugged.
not for big audiences.
just for me and my girlfriend.
bought it from a dude advertising in the swap sheet. bought an amazing casio vz1 synth from him too. well amazing for the times. it was a serious synth. very limited polyphony (can't remember if it was 8 or 16 notes. ouch).
but it had cards with 100's of patches. and a serious capability for tweaking sounds envelopes.
memories........light the corner of my mind...........
Old 10-01-2014, 10:44 PM

I did say I would post it if I came across one and it just so happens, I read this post a few days ago (quite by chance, so as to remind me of the pledge I had made) and there's currently a vintage ALVAREZ YAIRI DY88 on ebay. Only thing is, this seller has no Seller feedbacks, just feedbacks as a buyer

This guitar looks to be very nice condition but definitely contact the seller before buying to confirm true condition (neck angle, etc)

Old 12-01-2014, 12:24 PM

Default DY 88 possibly for sale

I have a couple of AY DY88's. I might part with one to finance a Duo Jet. Problem is I love them both. I have a black on and a blue
Old 01-24-2015, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostocean View Post
Hi guys,

New member here, and I'm really hoping you can help.

In the 90s, I played in a Jazz stage band. I used a DY-88 that the stage owned and I loved it. It was blue, and the wood under the strings was wore down from me playing it so much.

Unfortunately, after playing it daily for 6 years and carting it all across North America, it was taken one night. I ended up picking up an old telecaster. I've owned lots of guitars since, a Gibson ES-175, songbird, a few taylors, a Larivee - but I always think about that Yairi.

It wasn't a crazy expensive guitar, and it wasn't in great shape, and some of the other guitars I've owned played and sounded better - but it was one of my most treasured memories from growing up and I would love to find one again.

I've been looking for a few years but I can't ever seem to find one listed, so if anyone has one or knows where to look, It would mean a lot to me.

Thanks!
If you're interested in a 12-string, I have an Alvarez Yari DY-68 (SN8015) that I'm looking for a good home for. I've had it since 1974 (if memory serves).
Old 01-24-2015, 06:44 PM

Default How about a DY-68?

I've had this Yari DY-68 since ~1974.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:55 AM

Default DY-88 for Sale

Hi everyone. I realize that this thread is a bit stale but, I will try to revive it. I want to sell my Yairi DY88Bl. It has a beautiful blue Tiger Maple top and the 600 series electronics. If you are familiar w/ Chris Smither's work, this guitar is the same as the one pictured on the "Happier Blue" CD cover. Condition I would say is 95 out of 100. There are a couple of small marks that do not go through the finish. Other than that, no issues. It has not had much play time and has never been played "out". It would be an awesome stage axe though because it can be played loud w/o fear of feedback. I have continuously monitored the humidity level in the case and the house is smoke free. These are scarce and do not come up for sale too often and I hate to sell it but, I have not been playing much at all lately and it deserves more lovin'. Call or e-mail me if you have any questions. I believe that $900.00 is a fair price for it. 215-206-6696
Thanks for looking,
Craig
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hzpbv98v9u..._0786.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j0f1c9s7ue..._0788.jpg?dl=0

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
acoustic, alvarez, dy-88, wtb, yairi