The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-12-2019, 11:35 PM

Default Tonedexter MOD...well sorta!

Hey all just wanted to share a simple little thing I did. I love my Tonedexter, as do most people who try them, but I became increasingly annoyed as time went on with the exclusion of an on/off switch. It kinda developed from the way I have things currently set up. I just don't like leaving it plugged in all the time and the closet receptacle is a pain to get at. Other options are available for sure but what I did was buy an inline switch off amazon (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and mounted it on the back with 3M tape. Works like a charm and now I'm no longer annoyed. Thought I would share this info as there's bound to be others annoyed as well.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-13-2019, 07:54 AM

Great idea!
Thanks for sharing the link.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcopper View Post
Great idea!
Thanks for sharing the link.
No problem. What can I say it's a cheap and easy mod and solved my issue. Note: You actually get 2 inline switches from that Amazon link.
Old 02-13-2019, 03:59 PM

Hey, that is a great idea. This lack of a switch is something i have found annoying too, but I have all my electronics going to a power strip with a switch, so I switch them all on and off at once. But I like your inline switch. Same thing would work for the TC Helicon Play Acoustic, which also doesn't have a switch.
1951 Rickenbacker Panda lap steel
2014 Gibson Roy Smeck Stage Deluxe Ltd, Custom Shop, K&K's
1957 Kay K-27 X-braced jumbo, K&K's
1967 Gretsch 6120 Chet Atkins Nashville
2014 Gold Tone WL-250, Whyte Lade banjo
2024 Mahogany Weissenborn, Jack Stepick

Ear Trumpet Labs Edwina
Tonedexter
Old 02-13-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfirob View Post
Hey, that is a great idea. This lack of a switch is something i have found annoying too, but I have all my electronics going to a power strip with a switch, so I switch them all on and off at once. But I like your inline switch. Same thing would work for the TC Helicon Play Acoustic, which also doesn't have a switch.
Thanks and yeah I did think of the power strip. Only downfall is when you power down the strip you kill everything on it which is not always ideal. In your case you get 2 switches for $10 so you could put one on your Tonedexter and one on your TC Helicon!
Old 02-13-2019, 06:30 PM

IMG_8390.JPG
I've been using one of those for about a year on my pedalboard. I had to put a dot on the "on" side. I always wondered why there was never an on/off switch for pedals and pedalboards...

Best,
PJ
Old 02-13-2019, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photojeep View Post
Attachment 18992
I've been using one of those for about a year on my pedalboard. I had to put a dot on the "on" side. I always wondered why there was never an on/off switch for pedals and pedalboards...

Best,
PJ
If you never told me otherwise I would've thought that dot was a green LED!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification