The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 02-04-2013, 11:31 AM
Guest 33123

Default recommendations for headphones in the $50 range

Hi guys,

I'm looking for recommendations on good closed back headphones in the $50 range. They will be my birthday present this year from my wife so I don't want to break the bank. I'm just a casual home recordist on a Zoom H2n. I'm currently using Apple earbuds which I'm pretty happy with.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:41 AM

I'm an at budget recording guy myself. In the past I've used sennheiser HD280headphones, but new they are $100. Maybe you can find a used set online. Other than that I can't really recommend anything. Right now I have a set of AKG HP40 and I don't like them at all. They were roughly $40 new, but they are 13 years old. I'm interested in what responses you get, because I myself would like new headphones in the same price range. Good luck.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:46 PM
Charter Member

These are getting incredible reviews on gearslutz and head-fi
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
Here's a TapeOp review of it http://www.tapeop.com/reviews/gear/9...nes-item-8323/

Monoprice is amazing, and is a reputable company. It's just not well known outside of the tech community.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD