The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-20-2018, 02:59 AM

Yes, done that! It is a nice sounding mic. Really good. I have both volumes full on now.

One of the onlne writeups says he loves the pickup in his Martin, one reason I bought it and it doesn’t fit in my Martins!

I have guitars everywhere! Spoiled myself when I gave up smoking a few years back and the smoke money has gone on guitars. So a removable pickup is ideal, but get this - I put the Schert in my 59 Gibson LG3 and it is too close to the strings and even though I probably won’t play the 17th fret, the sound has gone ‘phasey’. Thought the battery may have flopped, but it is back in my Waterloo and working fine.....

Luck of the draw, isn’t it?

BluesKing777.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:14 PM

The mic all the way up is only good for recording. It will feedback like crazy if you try that live!
Old 07-21-2018, 04:16 AM

I plugged into my trusty Genz Benz 60 Stereo via my Fishman Pro EQ, carved a few eq’s out and turned it up.....reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkk, like you said and I expected, turn the Fishman notch filter round til it stopped. Voila! Sounds superb! (I play solo, so no drummer to test the limits, but I am very pleased.) Though my Maton with dual source and ability to use soundhole plug is still ahead of the ‘take me’ competition.... This will get tried though and will be in the bag in case..... Real shame it won’t fit my Martin OMs, also couldn’t get the Baggs Mag to fit so.....

BluesKing777.
Old 07-21-2018, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Real shame it won’t fit my Martin OMs, also couldn’t get the Baggs Mag to fit so.....

I also found the M80 wouldn't fit in my Martin 000-15M, however my Dimarzio Angel easily fit and sounds very, very sweet.
Yamaha FSX800C
Bose L1c
Schertler Jam 100
Gretsch G2655
Gretsch G5655T

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification