The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 04-10-2015, 05:54 PM

Default Does anyone route a body from a customer supplied blank?

Finally found a source for a color laminate body blank large enough to make a Stratocaster style body out of. Now all I need is the person who is willing to try and route the body shape. From what I've been led to believe from the supplier, these laminate blanks (Spectraply) turn just like regular wood, usually used for gunstocks or custom ink pens (although he does recommend a dust recovery system).

Not sure where to start. Already emailed Warmoth but haven't heard back.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:58 PM

Got a reply from Warmoth. In addition to saying the basic "not responsible for circumstances beyond our control during the manufacturing process" and that they only worked with kiln dried woods (stability), that there was a $100 custom shop fee, in addition to how much they would charge for the routing. So, Warmoth is probably out as I don't think I want to pay that mush money. Blank is going to cost almost $100 after I get it, and the shipping to and from Warmoth pus their custom fee means I'll be paying $300-$400 for a body.

Anyone?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars