The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 04-08-2015, 07:17 AM

Default New Digitech Trio Band Pedal

Pretty cool stuff here actually. Looks like alot of fun. No affiliation with Digitech or Sweetwater.

http://www.premierguitar.com/ggshow2015-DigiTech
Old 04-08-2015, 08:16 AM

GearPage net has a couple of threads about this pedal. I am looking forward to it showing up in the stores so I can see it in person. For a song writing practice at home I can see possibilities for this pedal and from my understanding of the demos that's what this pedal was designed for. For me I would love for it to either via an upgrade record the initial guitar part so that I can have bass, drums and guitar all playing while I solo or incorporate JamSync so that it can connect up with a Jamman Solo XT. I know never satisfied with what is on the market. LOL.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:49 AM

I have road tested this pedal. The online demo was better than my hands on experience, probably because it was new to me. I think it's a GREAT practice and writing tool but still sounds a bit gimicky for live work. That said, I was very surprised when the "bass player" actually added some fills that fit.

This might be one of those times when you get so caught up in the coolness of the technology that you forget to think about whether it adds to the actual audience experience. I guess time will tell.
Ovation 1984 Collector's
Takamine FP317S New Yorker
Ibanez George Benson
Gibson 339
Gibson 2017 J45 Custom
Huss & Dalton CM sinker redwood
Emerald X20 Woody
Tom Anderson Crowdster Plus
Maton Nashville 808
Maton Messiah
Old 04-08-2015, 12:32 PM
Charter Member

Heard about this gizmo a few months back, but still have not had my hands on one. Seems that it would be a lot of fun just to have at home and mess around with... it also seems that it would get gimmick-y very quickly. I don't know that I'd spend $180 for the unit and another $50 on the floor pedal for it... that's a lot of $$$ just to have something to mess around with!

I don't really see how it might be viable for a live performance, not in real time...
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman
Old 04-08-2015, 12:52 PM
Charter Member

Well, I suppose the risk for someone buying the first model is whether or not Digitech will consider it enough of a success to come out with the next version that might be even better, more flexible, etc. It could be that this is it and Digitech decides not to follow up and when this run is done, that is it and they become desirable at least partially due to scarcity. It could also be that a lot of players take to this idea and Digitech continues to improve on it with follow up models. It probably isn't expensive enough to be much "risk" either way, so go for it and have fun.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars