The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 04-18-2015, 07:50 AM

Default Anyone with experience with the Sigler 920d shop?

Apparently, these folks modify mostly Fender MIM Strats and Teles. Most of the feedback I can dredge up from people who have purchased from them is overwhelming positive. There is, of course, lots of speculation and "I'd recommend ... " alternatives by people who haven't done any business with them at all but "know better" despite.

Anyone here bought a guitar or loaded pickguard or parts or anything from them? What do you think? (And, sure, those who wanna just speculate, please do. The more the merrier. All info, IMHO, is good info until it's not anymore.)

Thanks!
Old 04-18-2015, 06:20 PM
Charter Member

The only experience I have with them is really a non-event. I contacted them on two occasions to ask if they would install a Piezo into one of their guitars. I was looking at the "Everything Axe" Strat or one with Duncan P-Rails. They didn't respond at all either time. I'm skeptical when a business has a "Contact us" section on their web page and doesn't respond back to a question like that. If you're too busy to speak with me before the sale, why do I think I would get better service afterward?

Out of curiosity, have you looked at Benford Guitars? I had corresponded with him a long while back and he was super responsive, even though I didn't buy. I reached out again recently and this time pulled the trigger. He has been very quick to answer any and every question, and I have been told his guitars are terrific, especially in the "bang for the buck" category.

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars