The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 11:50 AM

of course Earl is correct, but he is only talking about tone. I'm not talking about tone but only aesthetics, but I re-read my post and can see that it could be more clear.

Think of it this way; wooden guitars not only sound better with age, but they also look cool with all their imperfections over the years. That's the mojo of wood. A beat up CF guitar will only begin to look like a beat up automobile. Or kinda like white tennis shoes- they are going to look the best they ever do the first time you wear them.

Fine if you take good care of them(and I realize that every one here does) but decades have a way of making anything look dated.
Old 07-26-2018, 12:47 PM

Everything is subject to wear. I have pick scratches on both my CF guitars these days, but unlike my wood guitars any damage that happens to them isn't as likely to hurt as much. That's why I like to use them the most these days when I am out and about.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 07-26-2018, 07:53 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post

Fine if you take good care of them(and I realize that every one here does) but decades have a way of making anything look dated.
The decades have done a number on this ol' guy!

But, my guitars still look good.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber