The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 07-11-2011, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
If you are going to purchase a new mac and interface etc, let me make a suggestion if I may. I used to deal with Sweetwater and they are quite good. However I now deal with a company out of Boulder Colorado who routinely beat sweetwaters prices and there knowledge is extensive. Plus they are a small 2 man brick and mortar shop and are gems to deal with. They ship all over. If you contact them, ask for either Mickey or Mark and tell them Kevin from Wyoming sent you. They also custom make Mogami cables etc.
Here is their link
http://www.windovertheearth.com/
Very cool to see that shop mentioned! I have to agree that their knowledge and prices are fantastic.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:41 PM

Thanks for all the GREAT info guys!

This forum is awesome.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:04 PM

Default Logic Question

815C.... I agree with those who say an IMAC should be sufficient for Logic. I'm currently running Logic 9 and Pro Tools 8 LE on one with everything running pretty smoothly. I should point out that I'm kind of a minimalist when it comes to plug ins and processing, however. More is not necessarily better when it comes to recording solid acoustic and vocal tracks...........
Old 08-27-2011, 01:32 PM
Charter Member

My vote is a Macbook Pro, plugged into whatever large good computer monitor you have. The only reason I say the Macbook Pro as opposed to the iMac is that its more portable. I got my iMac thinking that there was no reason I would ever need to have my recording stuff outside of my house, and within a month I became involved with a band who had organ parts played on a big box organ that we had no way of moving to my house. You never know what may happen that would cause you to want a mobile set up, and the Macbook Pro is just as powerful, and with your current computer display(s), you probably wouldn't lose any size between that and the iMac. In terms of an interface, Apogee Ensemble or RME Fireface 400/800. They're both world class interfaces with the option of connecting other pre's, should the need arise. Whichever you get, even including the cost of Logic, you should have at least a grand left over for mics. You could definitely either get one very good condenser for this price, or perhaps a nice pair or SDCs (Oktava MK012s?) and a good LDC (the options are all over the place here) and a 57 (you never know when you'll need one). Good luck!

Last edited by alexevans917; 08-27-2011 at 01:38 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD