The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 11-28-2001, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by taylorsmitten:
<STRONG>You guys are funny!
Trombone, you think we could talk Uncle Bob into making a body friendly cut-away for us females? hehe, wouldn't that be a wild looking guitar? Guys have no idea how lucky they are.
Lisa</STRONG>
maybe a double wasited guitar for the ladies. Some of the guys have it lucky, I on the other hand in order to be comfy could only play the top with no back. I like strats because they have a nice Fat Boy cut. At least you ladies can play the guitar low and down. We the belly cwowd have to play in an angle and thats tough on the wrist. Im the guy they wanted to play Santa at Church but couldnt find a suit to fit(no kidding!)Poor old Santa keeps getting thinner every year. Steve, keep draging that treadmill up and down those stairs, youll get there buddy!hehe! I went to the doctor and told him I had anarexia, he took one look and laughed. Why do you think something like that? he asked. I have the most common symtom I replied. Whats that? he asked. I answered him that every time I look into the mirror I see a fat person. Keep riding the airdyne and lay off the fatty foods. I explained that Ive been watching my weight, I said look doc, Its right out where I can see it. He doesnt share my sick sence of humor. I cant help hes all angry, he must own a Gibson or something. JW
Old 11-28-2001, 12:10 PM
Charter Member

JW
LOL at that anorexic remark about seeing a fat person in the mirror.
At least you're working at losing it, that's great. I need to shed a few myself.
You're a trip, I don't think your humor is sick, just funny.
Lisa
Old 11-28-2001, 02:08 PM

Cool

You ladies would have no problem if you just assumed the headbanger guitar position.

You know - hanging on the strap about knee level. Of course, it's impossible to change chords with the guitar in that position but if you do like the rest of them do and finger some screwy power chord, hold it for the whole song and thrash as hard and as loud as you can with a brass flatpick, you should be OK.

We need more heavy-metal acoustic guitarists.
Old 11-28-2001, 11:21 PM

Cool

Do they really play a chord? I though they just tuned the guitar to an alternative and strumed it hard. I just thought they used the left hand to keep the neck up. I saw a guy play a song(iffy on that one) and he never moved his hand. trying to keep the fret wear down I guess.LOL! JW
Old 12-04-2001, 03:21 PM

hahahahaha!

nobody is probably reading this thread anymore, but I just got a kick out of it...

Being a female I can relate. but I am also a pretty tall girl (and I guess a long torso comes with that) and I like the big dreads. I don't have to twist to be comfortable playing it, but I do notice that on the blender, my notch button sometimes isn't quite in the same spot I set it to be when the song is over!
Old 12-04-2001, 04:25 PM
Cocobologist

Quote:
Originally posted by bagelsgirl:
<STRONG>...but I do notice that on the blender, my notch button sometimes isn't quite in the same spot I set it to be when the song is over!</STRONG>

Well, isn't that the rub?!?

Thanks to this thread, I've dubbed myself, "Gutch - The Round Mound of Sound!" Got a nice ring to it, dont'cha think?

| '02 814c Custom (Coco/Sitka) | '03 912ce Custom (Coco/Engelmann)| '06 K65ce | '17 J45 Std. | '10 Breedlove Revival OM DLX (EIR/Adi) | Lots of electrics...
Old 12-04-2001, 10:11 PM

Cool

Some can pinch an inch, I can grab a slab! JW
Old 12-05-2001, 01:22 AM
Cocobologist

| '02 814c Custom (Coco/Sitka) | '03 912ce Custom (Coco/Engelmann)| '06 K65ce | '17 J45 Std. | '10 Breedlove Revival OM DLX (EIR/Adi) | Lots of electrics...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell