The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-19-2019, 06:40 AM
AGF Sponsor

My experience so far after a year of use:

Decent sound, not the voice of angels. Very bassy so i turn the bass all the way down. And even so, feedback is sometimes an issue.

A small but efficient equalizer is essential for the best overall sound.

Having the controls on the side is often a major PIA depending upon the space in which I have to set up.

I also use a RedEye pre-amp, which helps with the overall sound, especially the treble end.

Battery life is good. There are times when I do gigs (like beach weddings) where no power is available and the Bose has never let me down in terms of depleted battery.

Would I buy it again? yeah, probably. But when I want the best sound quality in a small package AND power is available my ACUS OneforStrings8 is my go-to amp.
Old 06-19-2019, 09:40 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capefisherman View Post
My experience so far after a year of use:

Decent sound, not the voice of angels. Very bassy so i turn the bass all the way down. And even so, feedback is sometimes an issue.

A small but efficient equalizer is essential for the best overall sound.

Having the controls on the side is often a major PIA depending upon the space in which I have to set up.

I also use a RedEye pre-amp, which helps with the overall sound, especially the treble end.

Battery life is good. There are times when I do gigs (like beach weddings) where no power is available and the Bose has never let me down in terms of depleted battery.

Would I buy it again? yeah, probably. But when I want the best sound quality in a small package AND power is available my ACUS OneforStrings8 is my go-to amp.

Thanks,I think your review is very accurate.

In a year,I'll perform only about 15 gigs at the maximum.So the S1 for me is a good fit.

Gabe

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification