The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 11-21-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
I'm an Ohio State fan too (I lived in Columbus for 3 years back in early 2000s). If OSU wins out but loses the Big 10 championship game they could still make that 4th slot.

Ohio State has the toughest strength of schedule in all five of the rankings here, followed by LSU, Alabama, Penn State, Clemson, and Georgia in each of those.

https://fbschedules.com/college-foot...-week-12-2019/
This is not what I'm reading at all, only the second ranking has OSU (not Oregon State) first, the rest, not so much.

In my assessment, I think LSU has had the toughest schedule. However their defense is their weakness, they just outscore people.

The secret to life is enjoying the passage of time.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:03 AM

I’m a Buckeye fan since the “Woody” days.
The way I see it is if we can’t beat Penn State and Michigan, we don’t deserve to be in the playoffs. Neither one of those teams has the talent or depth we do.
As far as playing Michigan in “the pit”, it hasn’t mattered over the last fifteen years.
Ryan Day is not a Tressel or a Meyer. I think he’s more of a gun-slinger type on offense. We’ll see how that works out.
Anything can happen, but on paper, we are better than anybody because we are ranked in the top five On offense and defense.
Nobody else is.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster

Last edited by rokdog49; 11-21-2019 at 11:16 AM.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pura Vida View Post
Lockback, Dru: looking forward to our game against you this weekend. May the best team win (and may it be a decisive, non-controversial win, as well).
Absolutely!
Should be a fun game.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro
G&L Tribute Fallout
Squier 50's Classic Vibe Telecaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Old 11-21-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Lockback, Dru: looking forward to our game against you this weekend. May the best team win (and may it be a decisive, non-controversial win, as well).

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleyguy View Post
This is not what I'm reading at all, only the second ranking has OSU (not Oregon State) first, the rest, not so much.

In my assessment, I think LSU has had the toughest schedule. However their defense is their weakness, they just outscore people.
You're right - the ranking is in the parenthesis and not the numbered list. Thanks for the clarification. Let me edit my original post to this correction.
Old 11-23-2019, 02:42 PM

Ohio State beats Penn State 28-17.
Alabama hammered Western Carolina 66-3.

Both LSU and Georgia plays later today. Clemson is off.

This was the big game on Ohio State's calendar and they beat Penn State, at one time leading 21-0. Michigan's another big one.
Old 11-23-2019, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Ohio State beats Penn State 28-17.
Alabama hammered Western Carolina 66-3.

Both LSU and Georgia plays later today. Clemson is off.

This was the big game on Ohio State's calendar and they beat Penn State, at one time leading 21-0. Michigan's another big one.
Oregon losing in the 3rd to ASU, as I type. Pac 10 is not strong. Utah will win the Pac 10 Conference playoff. You heard it here, first!

1978 Yamaha FG-331
2020 Recording King ROS-09-TS
2007 Alvarez RF20SM
1936 Supertone 233 "Hawaiian Belle"
1930s Harmony Mandolin

Instagram: new_york_albertan
Old 11-23-2019, 09:08 PM

Default Ohio State needed this

The Buckeyes have won 10 games before today without facing a serious challenge from anyone. Today they got tested and when it mattered they stood tall. Chase Young was in full on beast mode today!

Next week when they play TTUN the adversity they faced today will pay huge dividends. I expect a tough game for the first three quarters before we take control for good.
Old 11-23-2019, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everton FC View Post
Oregon losing in the 3rd to ASU, as I type. Pac 10 is not strong. Utah will win the Pac 10 Conference playoff. You heard it here, first!
Hey Everton - I would like to see Oregon win (they're behind 21-7 in the 4th) because I'm currently working in Oregon at the client site. Always good to root for the local teams ... unless you're in Montreal or New York .
Old 11-23-2019, 10:13 PM
Charter Member

Tough loss for my PSU team, but Ohio State dominated early and never let up. PSU nearly turned it around, when their red-shirt freshman filled in at QB (replacing an injured Clifford), but then the Buckeyes adjusted and came up big when it counted. And yeah, Chase Young was an unstoppable force. Congrats to Ohio State on a much-deserved win at home.

In other news, Oregon drops, and Georgia hangs on. It's the time of year for some final movement before conference championships and bowl season.
Old 11-24-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Tough loss for my PSU team, but Ohio State dominated early and never let up. PSU nearly turned it around, when their red-shirt freshman filled in at QB (replacing an injured Clifford), but then the Buckeyes adjusted and came up big when it counted. And yeah, Chase Young was an unstoppable force. Congrats to Ohio State on a much-deserved win at home.

In other news, Oregon drops, and Georgia hangs on. It's the time of year for some final movement before conference championships and bowl season.
Yea, Oregon dropped 8 spots in the AP Poll. The Top 5 hasn't changed.
Old 12-01-2019, 01:43 AM

Big day today. Top 4 ranked teams won. Alabama lost.

Ohio State has beat Michigan 8 consecutive years, and each of the 5 years Jim Harbaugh has been coach. That's what he was brought in to do - beat OSU.
Old 12-01-2019, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Big day today. Top 4 ranked teams won. Alabama lost.

Ohio State has beat Michigan 8 consecutive years, and each of the 5 years Jim Harbaugh has been coach. That's what he was brought in to do - beat OSU.
Harbaugh is a really good coach,but I think he has peaked so far as the college game is concerned. I don't think he will ever be a great coach,which I define as an outstanding recruiter,able to get the most out of his players,and surrounds himself with outstanding coaches. Time will tell I guess.

Michigan did a great job of keeping Chase Young in check all day, and their offensive scheme in the first half was strong. It took OSU until halftime to figure it out and make the adjustments. Once they did the route was on.
Old 12-01-2019, 04:40 PM

WAR EAGLE!

What a game; 10 lead changes, the 0:01 on the clock drama (again.) We are the happiest 8-3 team in college football.
Old 12-01-2019, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLRon View Post
Harbaugh is a really good coach,but I think he has peaked so far as the college game is concerned. I don't think he will ever be a great coach,which I define as an outstanding recruiter,able to get the most out of his players,and surrounds himself with outstanding coaches. Time will tell I guess.

Michigan did a great job of keeping Chase Young in check all day, and their offensive scheme in the first half was strong. It took OSU until halftime to figure it out and make the adjustments. Once they did the route was on.
For whatever reasons, OSU has made a quantum leap over Michigan in the last 15 years or so, both in terms of recruiting and coaching.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro
G&L Tribute Fallout
Squier 50's Classic Vibe Telecaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Old 12-06-2019, 07:28 PM

Big Week-end. Have the Utah/Oregon PAC-12 championship game on now. Go Oregon!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic