The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-11-2018, 09:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatswodo View Post
Southwest metro, Tony - Paisley Park and Dinner Theater territory
So you are talking the Chanhassen area. I am in the northeast metro - Columbia Heights. We are "kitty corner" from each other. I would guess offhand about 30 miles.

I can PM you with my phone number...

As an aside, I have been in Paisley Park on a couple of occasions. Prince would sell off cool midi stuff there from time to time back in the 80s.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 12-12-2018, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubh1805 View Post
So...I was going to wait until my items arrived and create a NGD thread but I can claim ownership of that "triple-headed monster" and the Amicus/Bouzouki Chimaera. I actually got a chance to visit the Emerald shop last month for the unveiling of both instruments and will provide some pics once they arrive (hopefully this weekend or sometime next week). I took a few nice pics with Alistair and the team from the day's visit as well.
Cool beans... the 3 headed monster sure is wild looking...in a really good way.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 12-12-2018, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatswodo View Post
I'd be very happy to let you take a look at my X20. We're in the same neck of the woods. I should warn you, however, that there's already been one order after such an encounter
It happens...... X7 woody and X30 after visiting Kramster. Lots of folks who get to test drive their first Emerald fall under its spell.
And Dubh1805 - incredible instruments! Hope they find their new home soon.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
Yes, the cat is out of the bag, as I'd feared it might. I was hoping to have it in hand for a NGD before it appeared anywhere else but it's not a big deal. To clarify, the veneer is Ziricote with the unique sapwood first seen on Jeff's Ruby Cross guitar. I'll save the rest for the final unveiling although the keen eye surely spotted a few other gems.

There's also potentially a fairly large issue with the guitar which might necessitate a return although I'm waiting to see it in person before making that call. You know, just to drum up some more suspense.
That was an awesome tease of a video shot! It was interesting how much he talked about our veneers. I'm excited for you and can't wait to see your glamor shots. It looks like it turned out fantastic! But, it does need a name
Breedlove Blond Jumbo
Yamaha Silent Steel String
Old 12-12-2018, 11:33 AM
Charter Member

A beautiful set of instruments, my favorite is the three-headed one. I was able to interview Alistair, Chris (its owner) and Franck (who painted it) and the story behind it is amazing.
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass

Last edited by wickedwahine; 12-12-2018 at 11:03 PM.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
It happens...... X7 woody and X30 after visiting Kramster. Lots of folks who get to test drive their first Emerald fall under its spell.
And Dubh1805 - incredible instruments! Hope they find their new home soon.
You nailed it when you said, "Lots of folks who get to test drive their first Emerald fall under its spell." That is exactly how I felt after first playing an Amicus and later an X20. I actually sold my collection of wooden acoustics to begin my six-year venture into my various Emerald acoustic instruments.

Also, I cannot wait for my two new beauties to arrive. I am about 80% through recording my first all-acoustic instrument album and have several tracks I want to include these two instruments on for release in February. I am Super stoked!
Chris
Old 12-12-2018, 04:11 PM
Charter Member

I hope you can mention somewhere in these pages when your album is ready Dubh. I’m sure I’m not the only one curious about the music these extremely interesting instruments will produce!

Would you mind sharing a bit about the concept and design process of the triple neck? Thx.
Old 12-13-2018, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
I hope you can mention somewhere in these pages when your album is ready Dubh. I’m sure I’m not the only one curious about the music these extremely interesting instruments will produce!

Would you mind sharing a bit about the concept and design process of the triple neck? Thx.
Hello Mark,
I will definitely post an update and information regarding the album. I am hoping to have the instruments this weekend or early next week to record the tracks they are slated for and complete overdubs, mixing, and mastering by the New Year.

I will also provide a separate post once they arrive and provide some background on the Trinity Guitar (the triple neck) and how that all came together. I ordered the guitars for using and recording - and the Celtic artwork was an awesome bonus to the entire evolution of the triple neck. I will create a new thread (NGD) with pics and background.

Now...off to the studio to continue pounding out this project!
Chris
Old 12-13-2018, 07:14 PM
Guest 928

Chris;

Are you doing videos with your work?
Old 12-13-2018, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Hello Mark,
I will definitely post an update and information regarding the album. I am hoping to have the instruments this weekend or early next week to record the tracks they are slated for and complete overdubs, mixing, and mastering by the New Year.

I will also provide a separate post once they arrive and provide some background on the Trinity Guitar (the triple neck) and how that all came together. I ordered the guitars for using and recording - and the Celtic artwork was an awesome bonus to the entire evolution of the triple neck. I will create a new thread (NGD) with pics and background.

Chris

This is gonna be great to read the story and hear the music!! Yay

McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 12-13-2018, 07:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Hello Mark,

Chris
I am amazed at the range of interests with this CF group! Congrats on those unique instruments! Looking forward to hearing more about them.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Hello Mark,
Chris
As incredible (artistically) as the triple neck is, I am actually more looking forward to hearing the Bouzouki Chimaera.
Rainsong SFTA-FLE; WS3000; CH-PA
Taylor GA3-12, Guild F-212

https://markhorning.bandcamp.com/music
Old 12-13-2018, 10:57 PM
Charter Member

Thanks for the response Chris. I am taken by the beauty and unique character of these instruments! I anticipate the release of your new music with true interest, and even hope for inspiration.

Best wishes to you, Mark.
Old 12-14-2018, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Chris;

Are you doing videos with your work?
Hey Evan! Wow! You are asking the million dollar question I have been asking myself since beginning the album/project this fall and visiting the Emerald Guitar workshop last month. While visiting the factory I met Alan, who does all of Emerald's photography, videography, website work, etc. design and he suggested I should create a video about the project. I have never done anything like this before so I am trying to figure out how to do so ASAP. I shared how I was going about the recording process with Alistair and Alan, which I believe is and will be extremely unique for an acoustic guitar album and unlike any other acoustic guitar album project.

I have assembled quite an array of different types of guitars (scale lengths, number of strings, fretted, fretless, etc.) and it would be great to review via video and post not only for all of us with GAS (or in this forum, Carbon GAS! Ha!)but for anyone interested in guitar and the process of writing and recording music to see. I want to use the times between now and mid January to try and do this, as my release date is slated for February 6. If anyone has ideas or suggestions of what to include or go about this, please let me know!
Old 12-14-2018, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
Thanks for the response Chris. I am taken by the beauty and unique character of these instruments! I anticipate the release of your new music with true interest, and even hope for inspiration.

Best wishes to you, Mark.
Thanks Mark! I have 13 acoustically diverse tracks I wrote and are recording that I am excited about completing.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber