The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 05-20-2010, 01:50 PM

Wink My New Guitar...

Model Name: CN240SCE
Model Number: 097-2405-021
Series: Classical Design Series
Body Style: Classical, Single Cutaway Acoustic / Electric, (Nylon String)
Colors: (021) Natural
Finish: Gloss,
(Polyurethane)
Top: Solid Cedar
Bracing: Scalloped X Bracing
Back and Sides: Laminated Rosewood
Neck: Mahogany
Fingerboard: Rosewood
No. of Frets: 18
Bridge: Rosewood with Compensated Saddle
Machine Heads: Gold, 3-In-line with White Pearl Buttons
Electronics: FenderŪ APC-Pro On-Board Active Preamp with Piezo Pickup, Volume Control, 3-Band EQ, and Mid Sweep
Scale Length: 25.3" (643mm)
Body Depth: 3.94" (100mm) to 4.92" (125mm)
Width at Nut: 1.81" (45.97mm)
Width at Heel: N/A
Unique Features: Dual Action Truss Rod,
Wood Mosaic Rosette,
Scalloped X Bracing,
Gold "F" Logo,
Multi-ABS Body Binding,
Brown Neck Binding
Strings: Fender Nylon Classical 100, Clear, Tie End Classical Strings, p/n 0730100000,
Gauges .028, .032, .040, .029, .035, .043
Accessories: None
Introduced: 1/2006
Notice: Product Prices, Features, Specifications and Availability Are Subject To Change Without Notice

Last edited by VintageToneGuy; 05-20-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:42 PM

Wow.

I had no idea Fender even had such aspirations (toward nylon-string/hybrid guitars). I'm impressed that they even thought of us classical/nylon-string players. How does she play? Have you plugged it in yet?
Old 05-20-2010, 05:08 PM

Fender is not known for producing great acoustics, but this is a sweet little Classical\Electric. I'm not a traditional classical player; I just like to pluck nylon strings once in a while and this fills the bill nicely. Of course, budget was a concern for me, so this was a good buy with a hardshell case for under $four clams.vtg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric.Hope View Post
Wow.

I had no idea Fender even had such aspirations (toward nylon-string/hybrid guitars). I'm impressed that they even thought of us classical/nylon-string players. How does she play? Have you plugged it in yet?
Old 05-20-2010, 07:45 PM

I have played the same guitar and I found it more than OK for the price, but the problem for me is that the neck width is even smaller than a 1 7/8 (which is 48 mm). With nylon strings, that are thicker and oscillate more than steel strings, it is very difficult to play fingerstyle unless the neck is at least as wide as a Taylor nylon.
For a similar price, I also think that the new Yamaha NTX crossovers are an interesting alternative.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:55 PM

Probably the first nylon-string guitar I ever played was a Fender, and that dates back to the late 70's. I don't recall the model number, but it was a great little guitar. Unfortunately, I procrastinated for a few days, and when I went back to pick it up,,,, there it was,,,,,, GONE.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:48 AM

I think I saw one of these featured on WGN a few days ago. Some show called the Fender Music Cafe or something like that. Anyway, some girl was playing one in a black gloss finish. I could not get a good feel for how it sounded as her playing was all over the place. I am always pleased to see more offerings in the nylon crossover market. I hope you enjoy your new guitar.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:13 AM

HUMM, whenever I think of Fender, I think Srat or Tele and I like acoustic, maybe I should take another look.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:23 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack Amatuer View Post
HUMM, whenever I think of Fender, I think Srat or Tele and I like acoustic, maybe I should take another look.
Yea, it's really a sweet little guitar. It sounds good unplugged and plugged as well. The preamp \ EQ is a little limiting with only a Volume\Bass\Middle\Treble controls and a battery check. The Fender site said 'tuner' but it doesn't have one. It still sounds very pleasant to me.

I think this is a discontinued model. I got the last one from Musician$ Fr**nd with a case for under four clams. So far, I cannot find any flaws to speak of in finish or workmanship. Very happy with my purchase!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical