The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 05-17-2010, 12:17 PM

Default Breedlove Nylons?

This nylon string Breedlove looks real interesting. I was surprised at the price that Buffalo Brothers is asking for this used walnut/cedar model. Anyone have any experience with the Breedlove Nylon line? http://www.buffalobrosguitars.com/im...n20/index.html
Old 05-17-2010, 03:39 PM

i've owned one and i thought it was fantastic!!! The only reason i let it go was the 1 3/4 nut wasn't quite wide enough for me - i personally would get the wider neck. It sounded very nice acoustically and plugged up was just terrific. Build quality i think goes without saying.

I'm a steel string 'crossover' guy - not a classical guitarist so i loved the tone and am coming at it from that perspecitive.

Here is a video of on of my favorite YT players, and a friend, that speaks better than i can!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a196A...9c&feature=sub
Old 05-17-2010, 06:52 PM
Charter Member

Is that the Bossa Nova model he's playing? Cedar on Rosewood. I've seen that on the web for slightly under $3k. Makes the price on the Cedar on Walnut (non-cutaway) seem reasonable? The spec on the new Bossa Nova says it's a 1-7/8" nut, too.

Any ideas on how the Bossa Nova would compare to the Cervantes Crossover 1 Cedar/Rosewood? 'Bout a $1k difference in web prices.

Last edited by M19; 05-17-2010 at 06:55 PM. Reason: More
Old 05-18-2010, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M19 View Post
Is that the Bossa Nova model he's playing? Cedar on Rosewood. I've seen that on the web for slightly under $3k. Makes the price on the Cedar on Walnut (non-cutaway) seem reasonable? The spec on the new Bossa Nova says it's a 1-7/8" nut, too.

Any ideas on how the Bossa Nova would compare to the Cervantes Crossover 1 Cedar/Rosewood? 'Bout a $1k difference in web prices.
I am not sure how they would compare as I have never played a Breedlove Nylon. However, I did enjoy that video very much.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical