The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-08-2022, 09:46 AM

Default BEST Female XLR to 1/4" Jack Mic Lead?

Hi

What is the BEST quality Female XLR to 1/4" Jack Mic Lead I can use to go from my LR Baggs DI box into a mixer/amp?
Old 05-08-2022, 01:04 PM
Charter Member

This thread will help you explore some options

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=645026
Old 05-08-2022, 04:43 PM

Mogami cable + Neutrik connectors. Lifetime warranty on such cables. Several manufacturers offer cables with Neutrik connectors which also usually have a Lifetime warranty. Going to a mixer, why not use XLR to XLR?
Old 05-08-2022, 06:15 PM

What are the mixer and/or amp you are connecting to? (by amp are you meaning an instrument amp such as Fishman Loudbox or similar or a PA?)
What are you looking to accomplish with the DI going into the amp? Use of the effects on the DI?

The cable used may differ depending what you are connecting the DI to. As mentioned an XLR to XLR would be the best choice connecting the DI to the mixer, although an XLR to 1/4" TRS cable could be used into the mixers Line input to maintain a balanced connection. The Line input on a mixer 'may' have a bit less gain than that of the XLR Mic input.

An instrument amp will most likely have a unbalanced input and to connect the DI would need an XLR to 1/4" TS type cable which is wired in a way take a balanced source such as the DI output and unbalance it for the unbalanced input of the amp, in which case using a 1/4" TS to 1/4" TS type cable will do the same thing and will be unbalanced from the DI to the amp.

[TS-tip-sleeve, TRS-tip-ring-sleeve]

Basing above on my own LR Baggs Para DI and how I might connect it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification