The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 06-24-2021, 07:33 AM

Default New mixer for producing smart phone videos

Roland has a new mixer that looks like it would be a good option for making easy smart phone videos with good sound.

Roland Go Mixer Pro:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...or-smartphones
Old 06-24-2021, 10:55 AM
Charter Member

I agree Rudy, looks like a pretty cool, easy to use mixer for good sounding videos.

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ
Old 06-24-2021, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jricc View Post
I agree Rudy, looks like a pretty cool, easy to use mixer for good sounding videos.
There are, of course, better options, but sometimes a simple setup such as this is exactly what a user might need to do LAMPGAS videos.
Old 06-30-2021, 07:44 AM

Default Questions from a less than novice

I use just my iPhone SE (2020, 7, version) and I like it as well as the simplicity of one button and you're recording- the sound is pretty good too- I've had 0 complaints about the sound from listeners- albeit I don't have a big audience, but, those I do have haven't criticized the sound quality- I have a mini iPad as well and I think the phone records better as far as quality goes-

I looked high and low for something to make my guitar more prominent in my recording, when I had an older iPhone model, but the new one works awesome as far as I'm concerned-

I don't do multi-layered recordings either- me and a guitar-

Prior to getting the newer phone I queried my "sales engineer" at Sweetwater and he said I'd have to spend around 400 bucks to do better-
Old 07-07-2021, 09:17 AM
Charter Member

I have the previous version of the Go Mixer Pro and I love it. It's not super sturdy but it has line inputs and monitor out and easy connectivity to my iPhone when I want to make a piano or guitar video. I'm using it more than my Focusrite interface.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD