The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 06-23-2021, 09:01 PM

Default Cordoba Fusion 14 Maple Opinions

I've owned one of the original Godin Multiac Nylon string guitars for many years now and love it for gigging and direct recording. Coming from an electric guitar background the neck and action are fabulous and great for fingerstyle playing and jazz-style flatpicking.

But even though the body is chambered it's only good for practicing without being amplified. So, I need a similar fusion-style nylon string guitar with better acoustic properties for times when I want to play with others without an amp.

The Fusion 14 seems like it might fit the bill but I've never been able to play one, although I have played other Cordoba guitars and they seem like great instruments for the money. Any opinions?
Old 06-24-2021, 06:55 AM
Charter Member

I have a Fusion 12 maple which I like, but it is likely to go soon as I am struggling a little with 650mm scale length these days.
My guitar plays cleanly with a slightly brighter tone and gets compliments, but this is due more to the guitar than the player.
It likes fluorocarbon high tension strings, mine sounded muffled if I went to anything other than the standard Salvarez 500AJ.
The electronics are pretty standard and work pretty well. You can mix between the under saddle pickup and an internal mic, but you can really hear if you have any roughness in your right hand fingernails.
I play more classical and finger style on mine, so I don’t know how it takes a pick.
Old 06-24-2021, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
I have a Fusion 12 maple which I like, but it is likely to go soon as I am struggling a little with 650mm scale length these days.
My guitar plays cleanly with a slightly brighter tone and gets compliments, but this is due more to the guitar than the player.
It likes fluorocarbon high tension strings, mine sounded muffled if I went to anything other than the standard Salvarez 500AJ.
The electronics are pretty standard and work pretty well. You can mix between the under saddle pickup and an internal mic, but you can really hear if you have any roughness in your right hand fingernails.
I play more classical and finger style on mine, so I don’t know how it takes a pick.
Thanks for your input. According to the spec sheet the Fusion 14 has a 640mm scale length. I'm starting to develop arthritis in my thumb so that could be a good feature. I developed a flatpick and fingers style from my electric playing and it seems to work well with nylon strings.
Old 06-24-2021, 06:53 PM

I play a maple Cordoba GK studio, great sound and very playable.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical