The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-06-2021, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
No, it doesn't. You may post them from your computer, tablet or phone.
Well, then I will be membering-up as soon as I can get my wife to sign off. Cuz, I just bought a newer used guitar and she ain't having it at this moment!
Old 05-12-2022, 08:47 PM

I’ve read through this post and I am not seeing an answer to my question. On the second page Brushwood was asking about the limit of three pictures allowed for the classified ads, per the attachment manager. Obviously, a lot of the ads are showing more than three pictures. I just signed up for the Charter Membership and have a guitar I would like to sell and would like to post 6 to 8 pictures, as well as a link to a Flicker or Google photos folder.

Needing help with how to upload more than 3 JPEGs from my computer for my add. Do I need to upload them one of the other two ways (Tapatalk app, etc)?

Lots of great info in this thread, just not seeing an answer to my question.
Old 05-12-2022, 09:53 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTerral View Post
I’ve read through this post and I am not seeing an answer to my question. On the second page Brushwood was asking about the limit of three pictures allowed for the classified ads, per the attachment manager. Obviously, a lot of the ads are showing more than three pictures. I just signed up for the Charter Membership and have a guitar I would like to sell and would like to post 6 to 8 pictures, as well as a link to a Flicker or Google photos folder.

Needing help with how to upload more than 3 JPEGs from my computer for my add. Do I need to upload them one of the other two ways (Tapatalk app, etc)?

Hi, and thanks for upgrading to a charter membership to help support the forum.

As you’ve observed, I really don’t think there is a three pic max. I’ve posted ads in the classifieds and have included much more than three. Perhaps it depends more on the size/resolution of the photos being uploaded. Have you tried uploading more than three? If not, give it a shot. Hope it works for you!

Edit: Something just occurred to me. As there are three fields to search pics in a PC, Brushwood may have thought that you have to use each field when in fact you don’t. Try searching and uploading one pic at a time in one field. That should work.
Old 05-15-2022, 03:20 PM
AGF Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTerral View Post

The attachment manager just limits it to three at a time. You'll just need to repeat the upload process for the additional pictures.
Old 06-13-2022, 10:15 AM

I uploaded some pictures into the Baritone photos thread, and the pictures themselves don't show the way other people's do, only the file names. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
Old 06-13-2022, 01:54 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
I uploaded some pictures into the Baritone photos thread, and the pictures themselves don't show the way other people's do, only the file names. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
Hi there. I assume you mean this post. You’re correct that they’re not displaying quite the way uploaded photos from one’s computer do, but they display fine nonetheless. If Jeremy sees this, likely he’ll know.
Old 06-13-2022, 02:08 PM
AGF Administrator

Quote:

Thanks.
This post? https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...8&postcount=12

They look fine to me.
Old 06-13-2022, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Only if you are logged in. If not, you get the pic title.
Old 06-13-2022, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
Hi there. I assume you mean this post. You’re correct that they’re not displaying quite the way uploaded photos from one’s computer do, but they display fine nonetheless. If Jeremy sees this, likely he’ll know.
Yep. Wanting yo know why the picture is not displaying if not logged in.
Old 06-13-2022, 10:30 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Yep. Wanting yo know why the picture is not displaying if not logged in.
Personally, I don’t know, but I’m not sure why it matters because they do show when logged in.
Old 06-14-2022, 12:10 AM
AGF Administrator

Quote:
Only if you are logged in. If not, you get the pic title.
Unregistered/not logged-in usergroups cannot download forum attachments and by extension aren't able to view them.
Old 06-14-2022, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Unregistered/not logged-in usergroups cannot download forum attachments and by extension aren't able to view them.
Interesting. So I am registered but not logged in, and I see some of the photos but not all of them (including the ones that I posted.) Once I log in, I see everything.
Old 06-14-2022, 04:19 PM
AGF Administrator

Quote:
Interesting. So I am registered but not logged in, and I see some of the photos but not all of them (including the ones that I posted.) Once I log in, I see everything.
The forum doesn't know you're a member if you're not logged in. Unregistered/Not Logged In is essentially the same thing from that perspective.
Old 06-14-2022, 06:26 PM

Quote:
The forum doesn't know you're a member if you're not logged in. Unregistered/Not Logged In is essentially the same thing from that perspective.
Yes, so I had figured. My question is why some of the photos that people post are visible when not logged in, and some are not.
Old 06-14-2022, 07:07 PM
AGF Administrator

Quote:
Yes, so I had figured. My question is why some of the photos that people post are visible when not logged in, and some are not.
The ones you see when not logged are hotlinked from a third-party host. The ones you don't are directly uploaded to the AGF.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion