The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 11-17-2014, 11:47 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
First Bob is correct Yes it is nice to have a Team feel, BUT ultimately ( unless it is a finically collaborative project) you are the employer and he is the employee.

That said, couple of things come to mind perhaps he has already tried this but he could automate the de ess or the eq to be in bypass for all except for the squeak, or the squeak only can be automated to be volume ridden down.
Also I recently watched a vid about a plugin by Izotope their Audio repair plugin RX 3 now actually version 4
with an example of this exact purpose

Thanks Kevwind for illustrating to me why I cold never be a sound engineer without wanting to gnaw my own legs off! Argh!
Old 11-17-2014, 11:55 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick-slo View Post
Squeaks are just part playing the acoustic steel string guitar, unavoidable here and there, especially if you are sliding around on the wound strings. Here is a great performance by Allen Shadd, yet squeaks abound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1d_oHU8Z8Y
That is also my opinion although I do know of one local guitarist who is so bad that I cannot bear to listen to him - I think it is mainly his bad technique or perhaps that combined with a very treble sensitive guitar? He does seem to prefer playing bugged in even when unnecessary so perhaps his choice of EQ is part of the problem.

I don't seem to be aware of doing it overmuch.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD