The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-24-2019, 07:44 AM

Default Tried a Schertler Pickup For First Time

Hello to all!

I put the Schertler M-AG6 pickup with the DYN-AG6 Microphone into my new Larrivee OOO-40R and have been putting it through the ringer the past several weeks. From big stages with quality PA and sound guys to the intimate Bluebird Cafe to small venues with less than stellar sound systems and I am very pleased with how it's handled the variety. Using the pickup/mic combo allows me to quickly dial into whatever environment I am dealing with. When playing with a band I keep it pretty much on the pickup as I'm just strumming rhythm. With solo or duo gigs, I use both but lean more into the mic for a fuller bass response.

Sounds much better plugging directly into the board rather than through my Baggs Venue preamp (trying to figure that out), still learning more and more each gig, but I am a fan!

Have any of you worked with this pick-up? Would love to hear what you run it through.

Cheers,

Scott
Larrivee RS-4 Rootbeer
Taylor 614
Taylor 315
Guild D25
Ibanez Artwood
Baby Taylor
www.themusicrowshow.com
Old 03-24-2019, 08:44 AM
AGF Sponsor

The Schertler AG6 is all class A preamps. Putting it through the Baggs is actually diminishing the signal.You should consider a Schertler Prime 5 mixer or Yellow Blender. Both are class A, discrete and analog.
Thanks for the review Scott!

The Schertler DAVID: the second member of Schertler's "next generation" acoustic amplifier series
Old 03-24-2019, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schertler USA View Post
The Schertler AG6 is all class A preamps. Putting it through the Baggs is actually diminishing the signal.You should consider a Schertler Prime 5 mixer or Yellow Blender. Both are class A, discrete and analog.
Thanks for the review Scott!
There is a Class A preamp in the AG6 itself? Wow! I guess that partially explains why I like mine so much!
Old 03-24-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post
There is a Class A preamp in the AG6 itself? Wow! I guess that partially explains why I like mine so much!
There are seven Class A preamps in the AG6. One for each mag and one for the external input

Last edited by Woodstock School Of Music; 03-24-2019 at 02:07 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock School Of Music View Post
There are seven Class A preamps in the AG6. One for each mag and one for the external input
Wow, that is cool!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification