The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 02-26-2019, 07:14 PM

Default Guitar Database

I have been searching and searching on this site as well as the Internet at large for a good database for Vega guitars, specifically for archtops.

I found a post on this forum with a couple shop owners who are pretty knowledgeable but they only know about models they know about, if you know what I mean.

Is anyone aware of a database, a book, a website, anything other than Wikipedia, history of the Vega company?

As an example, there are great sites for information on Harmony guitars.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:17 AM

I've played a couple of Vega archtops over the years at Retrofret in Brooklyn. Peter, the owner Steve's right-hand guy, writes a column for Vintage Guitar, I believe. You might give them a call and ask.

And since Vega was a Boston company, I would assume that if there are vintage dealers up there, they might have more local knowledge. I don't know the Boston guitar-shop market - but have you tried that approach?

Good luck.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:42 AM

Thanks Wordman, I'll try that.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops