The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 03-31-2021, 08:29 AM

Default Nature's Way Spirit

Does anyone know how the original was played? The live versions are "watered down" and not true to the original. I'm leaning toward a capo IV but not totally convinced yet.. This is a song I thought I knew for years but closer inspection proves otherwise. Very underrated arrangement on that one for sure. I'm hoping someone with an ear better than mine will respond! but then again if your ear is better than mine maybe you don't wanna play Nature's Way... Haha

Last edited by lanielsen; 04-06-2021 at 05:55 AM.
Old 04-03-2021, 11:05 AM
Charter Member

Terrific song from a great album!

Have you tried just going back and listening to the original album version? See,s that would be the most accurate reading of the tune. I know that, were I to perform the song, I'd have to shift to a lower key, but still keep the basic groove intact. Don't know where that would put me, vocally, off hand, but the repeating figure always sounded like variations of an "A maj>Asus4" thing... that, coupled with the "semi-palm muting" on the picking hand, is the essence of that groove, to me.
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write