The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 03-23-2021, 12:11 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default 2013 Wingert Steampunk EVC, Cocobolo/Carpathian Spruce

2013 Wingert Steampunk E: goggles and timepiece not included. Here Kathy Wingert has married gorgeous tonewoods—Cocobolo and Carpathian Spruce—with copper, cogs, pipework, and gears for a steampunk effect guaranteed to stand out from the crowd.

On top of that, Wingert has added a Ryan-style arm bevel, interrupted rosette, Gotoh HAPA tuners, and Fishman pickup. The trebles are juicy and charged, and we love the smooth and effortless playability along the fretboard. The slightly wider neck (1 13/16” at the nut) is a delight for the fingerstylist, and the Venetian Cutaway helps keep those pesky upper frets dust-free. Wrapped up in a Hoffee flight case, this Wingert will travel safe and sound every step of the way as you travel between steampunk conventions and China Miéville readings.

Don’t worry, we made sure to wipe up the oil spills and mustache wax: this steampunk Wingert is ready to roll out of the station today.

"Ever since Kathy built a few of these steampunk inspired instruments I’ve been a big fan of them. The copper inlays and cogs are unique and beautifully executed. I really love the Cocobolo sound of this guitar, and it's also quite rare as Kathy now has an allergy and does not build with Cocobolo, one of her favorite Rosewoods. This will be a very special guitar for any collection." - Paul Heumiller

Cash Price: $14,995

For more information please visit:

Old 03-31-2021, 12:42 PM

A little bit of guitar lust in my head with this one!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Tags
dream, guitars, steampunk, wingert