The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

View Poll Results: Which Strat should I keep?
Blackie 12 19.67%
Whitey 49 80.33%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-21-2019, 07:51 AM

Maybe more pics would clear this up, but in the first pic, it looks very much to me like the white guitar has a wood-plug in the neck, and the black guitar has a black plastic insert (at the headstock, where the truss rod milling occurred. If this is so, then it's Mexican, and my experience with Mexican necks is that they are not as good as American ones in terms of the wood used - more prone to twist etc.

So, the white one gets my vote. If I'm mistaken, and they both have American made necks, the white one still gets my vote, but then it's only aesthetics.
Old 03-23-2019, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatchman View Post
Maybe more pics would clear this up, but in the first pic, it looks very much to me like the white guitar has a wood-plug in the neck, and the black guitar has a black plastic insert (at the headstock, where the truss rod milling occurred. If this is so, then it's Mexican, and my experience with Mexican necks is that they are not as good as American ones in terms of the wood used - more prone to twist etc.

So, the white one gets my vote. If I'm mistaken, and they both have American made necks, the white one still gets my vote, but then it's only aesthetics.
It's just the lighting in the pics. Both are 40th Anniversary American Standards with wood truss rod plug ins.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars