The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 12-11-2011, 08:47 AM

Hey guys, just in case you're interested, I've just released a book of 15 Christmas songs arranged for solo guitar. The songs in the book are...

Silent Night
Away In A Manger
Jingle Bells
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
The First Noel
We Three Kings
O Holy Night
We Wish You A Merry Christmas
O Come All Ye Faithful
O Come All Ye Faithful (variation)
Joy To The World
Angels We Have Heard On High
O Little Town Of Bethlehem
Hark, The Herald Angels Sing

You can find it here...

WE THREE KINGS - SONGS OF CHRISTMAS FOR SOLO GUITAR

(and if you get it before Dec 14th, you can use the code COUNTDOWN to get a 25% discount)

I'll try to upload a few YouTube vids of me playing these tunes soon so you can hear them.

Also, keep an eye on my website MasterGuitarists.com for an upcoming DVD in the near future which will teach all these songs at a slow tempo with close ups of both hands.

Thx!!
Old 12-21-2011, 10:44 AM

Thank you so much for sharing. I tried this with two AKGs, a Solidtube and a C2000 and the results were better than any I have ever had. I even sat in the floor and sang into them this way and it came out well (a little light on the low end but natural). I went through an Art DPSII into a Roland VS 1680.
Your playing and arrangement was wonderful on Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. I had already listened to it and been impressed, now I am grateful for your help.
I was planning to invest in an omni mic. The cartiods just don't catch the resonance when recorded normally. This setup does. I now have the heart to record more.
Thanks again.

2003 Taylor 514ce
1987 EF 369 Solid Rosewood Takamine
1969 Yamaha FG180
1986 Fender Strat
1950s Harmony Airline

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD