The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 03-23-2019, 09:02 AM
Charter Member

Default NPD Electro Harmonix "Oceans 11 Reverb"

My son had given me a gift certificate at the extremely small music store in Jackson Hole Wyoming so I ended up ordering this EH Oceans 11 reverb pedal

I specifically wanted a multi FX reverb pedal, BUT in keeping with my sparse and simple pedalboard criteria I also wanted a simple plug and play format (no software downloads etc.) I found this to be a good compromise between those two diverse notions. And with a street price of about $145 it is not a huge hit on the wallet ... I was especially pleased it included the shimer mode in the 11 reverb types (thus the name) Now between the Xotic Soul Driven (moderate drive pedal ) the MRX Carbon Copy (delay) the tube driven reverb and tremolo on my Supro and now this Reverb unit, I have a fairly extensive range of tonal variation in a fairly simple set up

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 03-23-2019, 09:25 AM

I love EHX products.
Old 03-23-2019, 10:59 AM
Charter Member

Nice! I love verb pedals. And delays. And od’s...and....lol. I have far too many for sure. As of late I’ve honed my selection down but still have multiple delays, verbs and OD’s.

I too like EHX pedals. How would you compare the “shimmer” effect on your EHX to the Boss RV6...? If you’ve tried the RV6 that is.
Old 03-23-2019, 02:30 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTony View Post
Nice! I love verb pedals. And delays. And od’s...and....lol. I have far too many for sure. As of late I’ve honed my selection down but still have multiple delays, verbs and OD’s.

I too like EHX pedals. How would you compare the “shimmer” effect on your EHX to the Boss RV6...? If you’ve tried the RV6 that is.
Sorry no I have not tried any pedals other than the ones on my board

Here is one demo by Andy at Tone Report, he gets into the shimer at about 4:30

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars