The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 01-13-2016, 04:46 PM

Default Questions on an arrangement combined from 2 sources

I have a simple version the Adagio From Concierto de Aranjuez.
For those not familiar with the piece, it's an exquisite tune with an imposing name. Those in the Classical guitar world probably know it well. Pepe Romero, John Williams, and Paco de Lucia played it in an orchestral setting.
Take time to watch or listen to it. It's really cool.

My question is about how I arranged it. I originally had the one from 6-string-videos.com. Then a friend gave me another simple version. Since both pieces are very short at a little over a minute for each, I decided to combine. They both are in the same key, which I think is Am. Correct me if I'm wrong and let me know why you think that. I can learn even more that way.
I kept the first half of original to bar 12, then the 2nd half of the new sheet starting at bar 13. Then the 2nd half of the new sheet starts at measure 19, and the 2nd half of my original begins at bar 36. Whew, that was work.

At any rate, do you think combining these two versions came out well? The thought in my mind was to go from something "bassy" to treble, then a bit of "bassy" and off to treble.

I just don't know if it works. Please be critical where needed. This my first time trying to "arrange" lol or to steal two pieces and throw them together.

https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview...z+Combined.pdf

I posted a version of it on Soundcloud for listening. It's pretty slow, and listening to it 3 months after recording it, it's agonizingly slow.

As always, I appreciate the time you spend looking and listening to what I'm attempting. My chops ain't there, YET. So I'll grow and grow with help from many members here, and at other venues.
Thanks,
Bob

Last edited by naccoachbob; 01-13-2016 at 05:48 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write