The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 08-26-2013, 08:02 AM

Default Migrate Youtube to Soundcloud???

Is this something that is do-able?

Is it possible for me to somehow just migrate the audio portion of my Youtube's of original songs straight to Soundcloud?

Thanks in advance ...

Excuse me for being so helpless.

Hear my original music at: https://www.reverbnation.com/judsonhair
Old 08-26-2013, 10:01 AM

Hi,

I'm pretty sure it can be done since you already have audio file in your YouTube file. I've never done that but again I think it could be done fairy easy.

Sorry, not much help here. Just my humble opinion. I actually have my files in both Soundcloud and Youtube
Old 08-26-2013, 11:20 AM

Thanks ... about the only time I start to feel like a senior citizen is when I need to do something "techie", LOL. BTW, see you're from the Yosemite area. Hope you are out of harm's way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by napman View Post
Hi,

I'm pretty sure it can be done since you already have audio file in your YouTube file. I've never done that but again I think it could be done fairy easy.

Sorry, not much help here. Just my humble opinion. I actually have my files in both Soundcloud and Youtube

Hear my original music at: https://www.reverbnation.com/judsonhair
Old 08-26-2013, 11:51 AM

You can download a "Youtube to mp3 convertor" for free. 'Google' that and there are many.

You just plug the Youtube URL into the box in the convertor and it makes an audio mp3 file. To get the YouTube URL just right click on the YouTube screen of the video, or just below it.

YouTube: http://www.YouTube.com/wfbrown1234
Old 08-26-2013, 12:02 PM

If they are YOUR youtube videos, don't you have the audio files on your computer already? Youtube compresses most audio files terribly. Better to start with your original files.

My music: https://mikebirchmusic.bandcamp.com

2020 Taylor 324ceBE
2017 Taylor 114ce-N
2012 Taylor 310ce
2011 Fender CD140SCE
Ibanez 12 string a/e
73(?) Epiphone 6830E 6 string

72 Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot Studio
Epiphone LP Jr
Chinese Strat clone

Kala baritone ukulele
Seagull 'Merlin'
Washburn Mandolin
Luna 'tatoo' a/e ukulele
antique banjolin
Squire J bass
Old 08-26-2013, 04:25 PM

Hi Judson,

I don't know what your computer system is or what software you have or if you uploaded directly to youtube.

If I wanted to do this I would download from youtube to my desktop through the EDIT dropdown menu under the movie. That's on the page in your account with all the uploads.

I get to mine through a drop down list next to my name - its the Video Manager selection.

Then I would use my Quicktime Pro 7 and export it as an audio file by unchecking the video box. Quicktime Pro 7 is from apple for $29.00, its an older version and I don't know how the newer version works. I would export it as a wav or aiff file but it also exports mp3s.

(I only have 3 short tests up, myself, of the prewar slide I am focused on at www.youtube.com/studio249 - I am also a senior citizen and started playing slide 2-3 years ago.)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD