The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-09-2014, 03:20 PM

Default HV GS Mini video w/ Caitlin Evanson

Multi-talented musician Caitlin Evanson has spent the last decade touring and recording with Ms. Taylor Swift, playing to the millions around the globe. She hails from up here in the Pac Northwest, however, and is a good friend to my family and me.

Thing is, Caitlin is a lovely singer/songwriter in her own right. She got herself a Holden Village GS Mini, loves it, and has recorded her recent composition "Beautiful Mind" with it. We took these photos on a clear fall day around Bellingham, WA and created this little photo montage on YouTube.

Caitlin is this week's "Artist of the Week" on Taylor Guitars' social media , and you'll recognize Taylor's FB profile picture from this montage. The opening shot is taken in the Cascades, about a dozen miles from Holden Village, and the last shot is our homage to Bob and Taylor Guitars for making this quirky and wonderful project go forward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7ZXhJcTrp0

Check out more of Caitlin's music on her Soundcloud page...

Cheers,
Dave Olson
Old 11-09-2014, 03:24 PM

Imbedded:

Old 11-09-2014, 03:27 PM

Smile

Wow, thanks! I have no idea how to do that
Old 11-09-2014, 03:58 PM
Charter Member

She's a lovely lady with a very nice voice. The song is engaging. The video is cool.

The guitar does not sound at all distinctive. I wouldn't consider it an advertisement for a Taylor GS Mini, other than to say it looks good with a pretty girl holding it.
Old 11-09-2014, 04:09 PM
Charter Member

Does she actually play the guitar?
Old 11-09-2014, 04:12 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
She's a lovely lady with a very nice voice. The song is engaging. The video is cool.

The guitar does not sound at all distinctive. I wouldn't consider it an advertisement for a Taylor GS Mini, other than to say it looks good with a pretty girl holding it.
Good point! The audiophiles among us may find the following more appropriate to demo the guitar itself -- the sound samples recorded last year by Randal Bays on the HV GS Mini prototype... I like the J.S. Bach allemande in particular...

http://www.holdenvillage.org/book/guitar-sound-samples/

I would say the guitar even looks good with ME holding it, but you won't see any pictures of that, I assure you

DO
Old 11-09-2014, 06:11 PM

Cool

Like! Nice song and fotos.

"We are music fingered by the gods." ~ Mark Nepo

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
gs mini, holden village, hv gs mini, taylor