The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 08-11-2011, 02:29 AM

Default Healdsburg take 2 - the rebel in me

I never knew I was so controversial... these 2 feature rotting woods, weird extra frets, reject spruce, neck bolts and off-quarter woods

Up first Bear claw Italian and Brazilian with sapwood, spalted maple and abalone rosette and ebony binding (sorry about the dust particles.)

This one is already sold "Winewood" top, Claro walnut with sapwood back and sides, koa binding.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvl View Post

This one is already sold "Winewood" top, Claro walnut with sapwood back and sides, koa binding.
Wow, just looking at this guitar makes me want to curl up on a couch and play the day away. It is so warm looking.

Burner MS #0013
Taylor 414rce
Taylor 716ce-ltd
Cordoba 75r
Old 08-11-2011, 03:49 AM

Awesome! Bravo Harvey.

See you all there. I'm out the door to the airport now.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:48 PM

OK, I'm gonna have to bring that straight jacket for sure. Nice work Harvey. For the first time in my life I'm glad I'm broke...because I would be after this weekend if I wasn't now.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBWW View Post
OK, I'm gonna have to bring that straight jacket for sure. Nice work Harvey. For the first time in my life I'm glad I'm broke...because I would be after this weekend if I wasn't now.
...isn't being broke the same as a straight jacket??? I just hope your wife isn't broke too
Old 08-15-2011, 10:01 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvl View Post
I never knew I was so controversial... these 2 feature rotting woods, weird extra frets, reject spruce, neck bolts and off-quarter woods

Up first Bear claw Italian and Brazilian with sapwood, spalted maple and abalone rosette and ebony binding (sorry about the dust particles.)

[IMG]
Thanks to Harvey's generous party, I was able to play this beauty in the quiet of a hotel room. Harvey had two rooms and we were all gathered in one having a good old time playing several Voyage Aire models. I asked Harvey about his higher end guitars and he simply told me to walk next door to his other room and play them all I wanted. Once over their, I picked up this extraordinary looking OM. At first strum, I heard the voice of angels. It just sang and sang. I couldn't believe how beautiful it both sounded and looked. Evenutally some of the other luthiers in attendance walked in, and they all remarked on the beauty of this guitar.

Finally Harvey said, " You know that is a travel guitar". I was stunned. Sure enough, this ultra highend guitar was a full on custom Voyage Aire with foldable neck and compact case. I said, and continue to say, this guitar has to be the BEST travel guitar ever built. WOW!!
Steve
Old 08-16-2011, 04:17 AM

Crazy, isn't it?!! I mean, here is this perfectly marvelous guitar. It's stunningly beautiful to look at, but even better to hear and play. It's a fine instrument by any standard!

Then Harv comes over, does a two-second magic act, and the neck folds up over the body, and the whole thing fits into a airline-overhead-friendly backpack! Then he straightens it out again, and, amazingly, it's still in perfect tune! But wait: what if you also need to carry on a laptop, or other small doohickeys? He has a version of his case that accommodates that, too!

Believe me, Harv's Voyage-Airs are to most travel guitars as a fine meal at a nice restaurant is to a two-day old "Happy Meal." No, not just the higher end ones, either! Even his least expensive guitars far outshine others in their price range. I hope to own one some day, and that's no small compliment - I can't buy many guitars. Yes, as you can tell, I am just as impressed by Harv's guitars as I am by him. GREAT guy!!

Harv, thanks for including me and my son Tim in your get together at the HGF. You were even gracious enough to allow some of the folks there to play my guitar, built by another of your guests, surrounded by your wonderful creations. Now THAT'S gracious!!

cotten
Old 08-17-2011, 01:39 AM

Thanks Guys!!! I'm glad you liked it. Meeting you both was a great part of my Healdsburg experience - 2011!!!
Old 08-17-2011, 06:23 AM
Formerly Yamaha Junkie

Nice Junkwood ! Wow.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop