The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-03-2011, 01:15 PM
JohnM JohnM is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,629
Default New Site, New Guitars.

I wanted to invite everyone to mosey on over to my new website at www.mayesguitars.com and check it out. I've got new pictures up there as well of the healdsburg guitars.

A new for sale page with three new guitars will be coming later today.

Here are a few pictures of the healdsburg fiddles.























Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Joel Stehr Joel Stehr is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 530
Default

Sooooooo,,, cool! I LOVE LOVE LOVE those rosettes! These are going to be the talk of the show. Well done, maestro.

Joel
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-03-2011, 01:50 PM
SuperB23 SuperB23 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 4,147
Default

Great look and feel John. I really enjoyed perusing it!! I like the features section. I'm very excited to see these in person next week.
__________________
High End Guitar Review Videos.
www.youtube.com/user/rockinb23

Goodall RS
Martin CS-D28-12
Doerr Mod D on order
Rainsong WS1000
Gibson J50 1949
Gibson ES-195
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Hardwired Flaws Hardwired Flaws is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 251
Default

Very beautiful!!! All are hand made?
__________________
2011 Taylor 614
2010- Taylor Baritone 6()
04/ 310(added ES)/ 08/ 414CE.
Ovation Celebrity/ 08 Fender American Delux Strat
Ibanez RG/ Hohner elec/ LX1 Martin/
PRS Baritone elec. Alverez 5050 (1973)
Manuel Rodriguez nylon. Logic /DSM2 Monitors.
And more
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-03-2011, 02:07 PM
JohnM JohnM is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,629
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardwired Flaws View Post
Very beautiful!!! All are hand made?
No, but I did hand build the robot that utilizes artifical intellegence that does all the work for me. Fredrick Billingsworth III, as I named him, is very adept at "winging it" when it comes to acoustic design and execution. I'm prodigiously proud of him, and I feel like these new models of guitars are just the proverbial tip of the iceburg when it comes to Mr. Billingsworths skills. My next task is to construct an organic replication of myself and insert Fredricks innerworkings inside the shell so that I can send him to the DMV and have him mow the lawn and all sorts of other hideous activities and all the while I fool people into believing I'm really not a lazy heap of bones.

-John

P.S. If you didn't catch the sarcasm this post script serves as your reminder that it was just that. The short, and more correct, answer to your questions is yes.

Feel free to look through the near 200 photos of me building the guitar with the mosaics. http://gallery.me.com/mayesguitars#100118
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-03-2011, 02:53 PM
dwalton dwalton is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Up North
Posts: 985
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
No, but I did hand build the robot that utilizes artifical intellegence that does all the work for me. Fredrick Billingsworth III, as I named him, is very adept at "winging it" when it comes to acoustic design and execution. I'm prodigiously proud of him, and I feel like these new models of guitars are just the proverbial tip of the iceburg when it comes to Mr. Billingsworths skills. My next task is to construct an organic replication of myself and insert Fredricks innerworkings inside the shell so that I can send him to the DMV and have him mow the lawn and all sorts of other hideous activities and all the while I fool people into believing I'm really not a lazy heap of bones.

-John

P.S. If you didn't catch the sarcasm this post script serves as your reminder that it was just that. The short, and more correct, answer to your questions is yes.

Feel free to look through the near 200 photos of me building the guitar with the mosaics. http://gallery.me.com/mayesguitars#100118
I've always preferred guitars made by gifted, hand-made robots anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-03-2011, 03:29 PM
songsender's Avatar
songsender songsender is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 894
Default

John,

I checked out your site - nice and easy to navigate.

I didn't see any base prices for your guitars on your site - was that on purpose???

All the best!
__________________
Paul Burner
BURNER GUITARS
THE WHEEZETONES BAND


Building one-off acoustic guitars since 2008
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-03-2011, 04:14 PM
JohnM JohnM is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,629
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by songsender View Post
John,

I checked out your site - nice and easy to navigate.

I didn't see any base prices for your guitars on your site - was that on purpose???

All the best!
They are all there. On every model page on the right hand side.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-03-2011, 04:15 PM
JohnM JohnM is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,629
Default

Got the page updated with three guitars for sale.

http://www.mayesguitars.com/For_sale.html
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-03-2011, 04:19 PM
songsender's Avatar
songsender songsender is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 894
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
They are all there. On every model page on the right hand side.

Thanks
John, It wasn't obvious to me that the photos were links to a more detailed page on each model. A small suggestion might be to make the text titles in the copy towards the bottom of the page links to those detail pages so they are more obvious.

Just a thought.
__________________
Paul Burner
BURNER GUITARS
THE WHEEZETONES BAND


Building one-off acoustic guitars since 2008
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-03-2011, 05:39 PM
drcmusic7's Avatar
drcmusic7 drcmusic7 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,925
Default

The sites not working for me. Is it down?

Kindly,
Danny
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-03-2011, 06:51 PM
JohnM JohnM is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,629
Default

wow... now the site went haywire.... see what happens when I am in control of things....

Now I got to figure it out
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-03-2011, 06:58 PM
JohnM JohnM is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,629
Default

Seems to be back... for now at least until I do more stuff!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-03-2011, 07:12 PM
Brackett Instruments's Avatar
Brackett Instruments Brackett Instruments is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Grover NC
Posts: 5,157
Default

Great looking guitars, and web site.
__________________
woody b politically incorrect since 1964
Brackett Instruments Handmade Acoustic Guitars.
Big companies build guitars for profit. We build them for musicians.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-03-2011, 08:13 PM
Tim McKnight's Avatar
Tim McKnight Tim McKnight is offline
AGF Sponsor
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Morral, Ohio
Posts: 4,973
Default

Nice site John but even nicer looking gits! Looking forward to seeing you and your work again at HB... Perhaps we can look forward to some uke solos in the parking lot?
__________________
tim...
www.mcknightguitars.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, The Acoustic Guitar Forum
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=