The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-17-2012, 12:02 AM

Default Question About The Price Of Standard/Reissue Stratocaster.

TWO QUESTIONS

1) Is a reissue stratocaster much more expensive than a standard stratocaster? I just looked at the official Fender's wesbite, an American Vintage '57 Stratocaster Reissue model would cost $2400 dollar while the American Standard Stratocaster cost $700 dollar. That's like 3 times more! I don't get it, they look the same, just maybe a bit more vintage. I know TRUE vintage made from the very old times would be super expensive. But if it's a "reissue" of vintage stratocaster that's made recently, let's say made in 2005, and a standard stratocaster also made in 2005. How can the reissue be 3 times more expensive than the standard ones? I believe the same model looking guitar could have three types: True vintage made from the very old times ; Reissue of vintage made recently ; Standard. I believe the true vintage would be better and more expensive than the other two. BUT, how is the reissue better than standard that it can be 3 times more expensive?

2) Not too long ago I purchased a "Fender 1957 Reissue Stratocaster Made In Japan Since 1993." I bought it "Second-Handed" for 22000 baht ($714 dollar). Hopefully a reasonable price? And I could only find the price of made in America on the Fender's website. I'm wondering, how much would this exact reissue model same as mine cost if it's "Brand New"? And anyone knows how much does a standard (not reissue) Made In Japan Stratocaster cost brand new?
Old 02-17-2012, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy25 View Post
TWO QUESTIONS

1) Is a reissue stratocaster much more expensive than a standard stratocaster? I just looked at the official Fender's wesbite, an American Vintage '57 Stratocaster Reissue model would cost $2400 dollar while the American Standard Stratocaster cost $700 dollar. That's like 3 times more! I don't get it, they look the same, just maybe a bit more vintage. I know TRUE vintage made from the very old times would be super expensive. But if it's a "reissue" of vintage stratocaster that's made recently, let's say made in 2005, and a standard stratocaster also made in 2005. How can the reissue be 3 times more expensive than the standard ones? I believe the same model looking guitar could have three types: True vintage made from the very old times ; Reissue of vintage made recently ; Standard. I believe the true vintage would be better and more expensive than the other two. BUT, how is the reissue better than standard that it can be 3 times more expensive?

?
I purchased a 2011 57 Re-issue this past December. I paid $1300 & change. You are purchasing Fenders top of line guitars when you purchase Vintage Re-issues.

2011 57 Reissue Vintage American Stratocaster Lefty
2011 Martin OM28V L
2010 Takamine EG340CH (JUNK)
2013 Seagull S12 Lefty
Old 02-17-2012, 03:38 PM

Around here...

Street price on a basic American Standard is $995.

Street Price on an American Vintage '57 is $1395.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification