The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-07-2021, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post
That’s true but remember when you turn up the volume the EQ will change.
Nothing more true. Over the last week, in my house, I programmed about 20 presets into my HX stomp pedal, and when I got to the gigs, and the volume came up to the approriate levels, pretty much every preset had to be modified to account for that volume level. What a pain, but after 5 gigs in the last 3 days, the presets are really starting to shine. Fortunately I have outboard EQ on my pedalboard which I could use until I got the presets right.
Old 03-07-2021, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
Nothing more true. Over the last week, in my house, I programmed about 20 presets into my HX stomp pedal, and when I got to the gigs, and the volume came up to the approriate levels, pretty much every preset had to be modified to account for that volume level. What a pain, but after 5 gigs in the last 3 days, the presets are really starting to shine. Fortunately I have outboard EQ on my pedalboard which I could use until I got the presets right.
I think that's true of anything really. I can't tell you how many times I have dialed in a fantastic amp tone at home, only to find myself continually turning up the mids or treble controls throughout the night. We can be as prepared as possible but at the end of the day, nothing compares to a real life gig.
Old 03-07-2021, 01:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post
I feel the same way about the Trance pickup. It just works.
+1! I've been digging the Trance Amulet M-VT systems since 2012.
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2
Old 03-07-2021, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
I think that's true of anything really. I can't tell you how many times I have dialed in a fantastic amp tone at home, only to find myself continually turning up the mids or treble controls throughout the night. We can be as prepared as possible but at the end of the day, nothing compares to a real life gig.
I agree 100%
Old 03-12-2021, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
True. The EQ should be set for the room and the crowd. If you play the same rooms you could save a preset for each room. Then you would just need to tweak for how many people show up.

Martin D-28 Satin
Fender American Ultra Telecaster
Old 03-12-2021, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvanesebob View Post
True. The EQ should be set for the room and the crowd. If you play the same rooms you could save a preset for each room. Then you would just need to tweak for how many people show up.
That's where I'm at right now, I'm playing the same 3 venues this weekend. And it wasn't just the EQ's that needed tweaking, the depth of the trems and the time delay stuff (delay/reverb) needed to be pulled back a bit. But as I said, the presets are starting to sound pretty good, and man is it nice to just push one button and have the perfect sound for the song! The HX Stomp is great.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification