The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-03-2021, 01:59 PM

I think what Audio Sprockets is doing, is splitting the IR in two at 400 Hz. The character knob can, along with other functions, leave the greater than 400 Hz IR at 100% while mixing the lower frequency IR with bypass (pickup) under your control. Since the lower frequencies are where the IR does its heavy lifting to increase bass content relative to a pickup, backing off that IR looks like a perfect reduction of those low end peaks (bypass, if frequency plotted like an IR, would be a flat horizontal line at 0 dB).

I don't know if this is patent-able. I'm not sure Voiceprint has the DSP horsepower to run two IRs. An HX Stomp can only run two IRs if they are limited to 1024 and that would not serve the <400 Hz IR well. But at least for now it is a really useful unique feature.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 03-04-2021, 07:53 PM

Lr Baggs just posted another Voiceprint video with Corey Congilio. I don't know what it is but the Voiceprints always sound rather thin and bright to me. Maybe this is due to the iphone being the primary mic but I have yet to hear a demo that has blown me away.
Old 03-04-2021, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
Lr Baggs just posted another Voiceprint video with Corey Congilio. I don't know what it is but the Voiceprints always sound rather thin and bright to me. Maybe this is due to the iphone being the primary mic but I have yet to hear a demo that has blown me away.

You thought his demo sounded thin? I thought it was just as full as the Anthem.

The brightness i hear too but I think it is the mic’d air and string noise. I’ve noticed that with each VP I’ve created but a little eq takes care of that for me.

I created some VPs with the Shure MV88 and I’m not sure they were better than the iPhone. I need to record both and compare them. My first impression was that the MV88 created a more lively VP, more mids and highs. The iPhone was more balanced.
Line6 Pod Go ("Helix Lite")

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-1...c00vCM5OTc-dmA
Old 03-04-2021, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eucatastrophe View Post
You thought his demo sounded thin? I thought it was just as full as the Anthem.

The brightness i hear too but I think it is the mic’d air and string noise. I’ve noticed that with each VP I’ve created but a little eq takes care of that for me.

I created some VPs with the Shure MV88 and I’m not sure they were better than the iPhone. I need to record both and compare them. My first impression was that the MV88 created a more lively VP, more mids and highs. The iPhone was more balanced.
To be fair, I struggled with the Anthem. I have never considered that pickup to be "full" sounding. That could be part of the problem. I just found that the Voiceprint really sounded bright and thin. I was listening through a good pair of headphones and just wasn't super impressed. Mind you, when Corey clicked on the "warm" eq setting, the Voiceprint sounded noticeably better.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification