The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 11-17-2019, 12:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueser100 View Post
Nope. Good old fashioned speaker wire hookup. Im not using the usb, which you can use to connect to your computer to make digital copies of your vinyl.
You did say Audio Technica AT120USB, right? I can’t see any kind of speaker level output or connection in the specs, so I’m a tad confused.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 11-17-2019, 01:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatswodo View Post
You did say Audio Technica AT120USB, right? I can’t see any kind of speaker level output or connection in the specs, so I’m a tad confused.
I should have been clearer. I just looked at the back of my unit and speakers. I have Mackie speakers. One is powered, one is passive. They are connected to each other with speaker wire. The turntable comes with RCA cables. The powered speaker is connected to the turntable with the RCAs.

The exact model isi ATLP120XUSB (it's the latest one).

Sorry for confusion. The point being, it's not connected with USB.
Old 11-17-2019, 01:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I should have been clearer. I just looked at the back of my unit and speakers. I have Mackie speakers. One is powered, one is passive. They are connected to each other with speaker wire. The turntable comes with RCA cables. The powered speaker is connected to the turntable with the RCAs.

Got it - that makes perfect sense! I knew there had to be an amplifier in there somewhere
Cordoba Stage

Old 11-17-2019, 09:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

This is actually the same unit I have asked for for Christmas!
Old 11-19-2019, 06:18 AM
Charter Member

...I have been very happy with my Fluance turntable....i have had it for three years....I researched them pretty thoroughly and found it to be a best bang for the buck option...

https://www.amazon.com/Fluance-RT80-.../dp/B01F2B3FKI
Old 11-19-2019, 08:35 AM

You might want to check around the electronics stores before buying a vintage player. My 1979 Pioneer is unusable because I can't find a stylus to fit and I've been told that it's no longer made. I do see very high end speakers and receivers in the local 2nd hand stores but don't buy one without trying out in the store.
Old 11-19-2019, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pf400 View Post
You might want to check around the electronics stores before buying a vintage player. My 1979 Pioneer is unusable because I can't find a stylus to fit and I've been told that it's no longer made. I do see very high end speakers and receivers in the local 2nd hand stores but don't buy one without trying out in the store.
You know I have never had trouble buying stylus on eBay for my vintages. I have a few.
Old 11-19-2019, 05:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pf400 View Post
Can you not just buy a new cartridge, instead of trying to replace the stylus on the old one? Or does your Pioneer not allow for interchangeable cartridges?
Cordoba Stage

Old 11-27-2019, 08:29 AM

Angry

Dern it somebody threw out my Pioneer. I was assured by more than one quality audio shop tech, that there was no hope for it. We use our 28 year old Kenwood turntable...not great but ok.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN