The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-05-2019, 06:39 AM

I had a previously owned E20D, Addy/Rosewood. That guitar was the loudest guitar I ever owned. I bought it when it was about 18 months old. I sold it to a friend who gave it to his son-in-law as a gift. I sometimes wish I hadn’t.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 11-05-2019, 08:41 AM

Old thread ... I’ve had my adi-topped AC420B since 2010. It developed a slightly lifting bridge in 2015. Not serious but had it fixed under warranty by one of the areas top guys. He could have just added glue and clamps and called it good but he did it right, removing the bridge and cleaning it so the entire bridge could bond to the top. I thought it sounded great before the work, but came back so much better. I sold my Martin D35, it honestly didn’t hold a candle to the Eastman, which surprised the heck outta me.
Old 11-05-2019, 08:51 AM
Charter Member

Gotta stop reading these Eastman threads. I already have a E1OM en route... if that impresses me, I shudder to think what will happen.

I don't need another guitar, I don't need another guitar, I don't need another... ooooo, is that a slope shoulder... I don't need another guitar....

Bourgeois DR-A / Bowerman "Working Man's" OM / Martin Custom D-18 (adi & flame) / Martin OM-21 / Northwood M70 MJ / 1970s Sigma DR-7 / Eastman E6D / Flatiron Signature A5 / Silverangel Econo A
(Call me Dan)
Old 11-10-2019, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyAxe View Post
I sold my Martin D35, it honestly didn’t hold a candle to the Eastman, which surprised the heck outta me.
I went to buy a D-28 and left the shop with a Eastman E20d in 2014. I later bought a D-18 and Gibson J-45 because the American built guitars should have been better right ? but have since sold them yet I won't be selling the Eastman ... ever.

2023 Eastman AC422CE-ae

Katoh DF69s

Old 11-10-2019, 07:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by warfrat73 View Post
Gotta stop reading these Eastman threads. I already have a E1OM en route... if that impresses me, I shudder to think what will happen.

I don't need another guitar, I don't need another guitar, I don't need another... ooooo, is that a slope shoulder... I don't need another guitar....
I have an E20OM-TC and I love that guitar. It strikes that perfect balance of size and sound for me. It's my go-to guitar for practice and playing out. I choose it over my Martin HD28 and CEO7 in that regard. I think the Martins sound a little better but the Eastman does everything pretty well. I've been eyeing up the SS models too, but think they may be too deep for me to play comfortably so I've been considering selling my CEO7 and buying a E10ooSS. Watch out!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion