The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 02-01-2012, 10:50 AM

Default What's a Good Website For Lyrics and Song Chords/Tabs?

I've used Chordie in the past and really liked it. I've been trying to go to their site for days and it won't come up. Maybe Chordie isn't available anymore. Is there another similar site that's good?

Thanks
Old 02-01-2012, 11:30 AM

To be honest, I don't think there's a single website that stands out. Most of the available tabs/chord sheets available are mediocre at best, and all the websites seems to have the same stuff.

When I want to learn a song, I'll generally use Google to at least find the lyrics. If there's anything tricky in the chord progression, I might search for that, but I rarely come up with anything better than I could do myself in a couple of listens.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:27 PM

Thumbs up

Ultimate Guitar.com is a great tab/chord resource. Huge selection of guitar tabs/chords, and quite a few for drum, bass, etc. as well. The lyrics that accompany the tabs may or may not be perfect (or even present in some cases), but that's not the focus of the site.

sleepy

"The road of life is rocky and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you." --Bob Marley
Old 02-01-2012, 08:42 PM

Chordie.com is working now for me

Joe
Old 02-02-2012, 05:28 PM

I never look for chords or tabs, but for lyrics I just Google the title of the song and add the word "lyrics". However, I have noticed that when I do see the chords at various sites, they all seem to be by the same transcriber - and usually wrong.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71jasper View Post
...I have noticed that when I do see the chords at various sites, they all seem to be by the same transcriber - and usually wrong.
+1. This has definitely been my experience. There are exceptions, but it's more a song by song thing than a site by site thing. I rarely find the same song done by different transcribers no matter how many sites I visit.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write